• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Elfen Lied ending (SPOILERS).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freefromeverything

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Alright I searched the last 5 pages found nothing so im going to ask it.

In the final episode Nyuu spoiler[looks like she commited suicide by running into the gun fire and her remaing horn being shot off. Then what im guessing was her who returned when the clock started moving again. (assuming that was a symbol for her return) Well it was one of hell of a cliffhanger, and was very strange to say the least.]

I searched the anime encyclopedia and found there was an OVA about episode 11. Was just wondering if that cleared up any of the lose ends of the series. Thanks.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:17 pm Reply with quote
The OVA (a.k.a. episode 10.5) takes place during the series and just explains a bit more about Lucy's past, namely how she was captured and why she didn't kill Kurama in the first episode. It does not address anything about the end.
Maken Buster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Yea, the OVA doesn't clear up the ending but from what I understand, the manga goes quite a bit farther.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:34 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I think the anime covers roughly half of the manga, but I'm not sure as I've only read the first two volumes of the manga (and that was a while back).
Nirvana

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:37 am Reply with quote
the manga will reveal what happened... I think... it's been too long ago =/. But you know of the outcome.
Haruhi Suzumiya

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:42 am Reply with quote
spoiler[she survived, and the clock is indeed a symbolic representation of her return. Lucy's the girl outside the gate.]

and though the manga goes further, it basically shows what we speculate, proceeding many more books and getting crappier and crappier with each different book...story goes to hell.
manga tuned into a letdown after it sided off from the anime, for me at least...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Freefromeverything

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:05 am Reply with quote
Alright cool thanks for the replies. Im guessing why Lucy spoiler[ran into the group of man was to break off her other horn because of her anger towards it, not to kill herself.] That would make sense I guess.
Haruhi Suzumiya

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:12 pm Reply with quote
^^jea thats what would make sense, or she planned to die initially, however she decided to live and lost the horn in the process...?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Haruhi Suzumiya wrote:
and though the manga goes further, it basically shows what we speculate, proceeding many more books and getting crappier and crappier with each different book...story goes to hell.
manga tuned into a letdown after it sided off from the anime, for me at least...

So you think a second season will be made. And if so will it suck if it stays with the manga?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Haruhi Suzumiya

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Haruhi Suzumiya wrote:

So you think a second season will be made. And if so will it suck if it stays with the manga?

No, i am 100% positive there are no plans (currently) to contin ue the anime. I was just saying that the anime was ended just as it should have been, and the manga begins to shit out after a little while.

however there's always that slight (very slight) chance that there could be a sequel.

I would personally love a little more elfen lied, because it was just so good. However i believe (estimate; dont quote me on his) the anime is 3+ years old now, so any more matreial would at the least be announced by now. Also i believe because of the content issues, it wasnt as popular as deserved
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Thanks, that pretty much says it.

And I too could use more Elfen Lied, I think 10 to 13 more episodes in fact.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Haruhi Suzumiya

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:

eh that seems a bit much to me...i love thirteen episode series the most of all, mostly because most of the better animes, are thirteen or so episodes. All i want more from Elfen Lied really is an OVA or two that show Nyuu actually spoiler[come home] and interact with her friends and lovers. Thats all i need to give it a masterpiece rating like i did for Haruhi Suzumayi:)Smile

oh and btw if you like this, SaiKano is something you will absolutley love. Try it out Smile
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Haruhi Suzumiya wrote:
oh and btw if you like this, SaiKano is something you will absolutley love. Try it out Smile

Wow thanks that does look interesting has it been officially subbed, or do I hyave to get a Fansub.

Oh and Understand waht you mean about length, and I somewhat agree. I think it would be interesting to seespoiler[now that lucy is "normal" and doesn't want to kill everything and everyone, that another problem present itself to challenge her ways.]. And I think to set that up it would require at least 8 episodes. I should have explained what I meant.
Haruhi Suzumiya

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Haruhi Suzumiya wrote:

Wow thanks that does look interesting has it been officially subbed, or do I hyave to get a Fansub.

Oh and Understand waht you mean about length, and I somewhat agree. I think it would be interesting to seespoiler[now that lucy is "normal" and doesn't want to kill everything and everyone, that another problem present itself to challenge her ways.]. And I think to set that up it would require at least 8 episodes. I should have explained what I meant.

hey no biggie, just glad to meet people that like the same anime as i do Smile

and SaiKano is dubbed officially, however i'd fansub the first few because the box most easily acessible is best buy for 90$, and thats a ton of cash to go on reccomendation, so i'd say give it a few go's before you buy Smile

and be warned SaiKano is the same length,and i've found, a great deal sadder at points. But the action+animation, much like Elfen Lied, are top of the line awesome Smile

have fun!
Mistress9
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:27 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:

Actually I sort of agree, though I think it would have to be done very carefully so we don't get bored. Maybe more like 5 to 10 eppys.

I want the ending tied up a bit more. I mean we all are pretty sure bout what happened but it would be interesting to see why it happened. Also there are a few unanswered questions that I got that I would like. Such as spoiler[ Why the heck do/did the male dudes have the horns? Also why was Lucy the Queen? Did the Dissoiate Identity Disorder aka DID (or multiple personalities) start when she was a child, and that was how the Discolusins started. (sorry but the speeling there)]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4