• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gonzo Collaborating with Chinese Firms on 3 Projects

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:51 am Reply with quote
Even anime are going to China! Laughing
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:03 am Reply with quote
I would much rather prefer to see more animated films from Studio Bones or Studio Pierrot..their films always have far greater fluidity in the animation then anything Gonzo is capable of creating.
ninjaclown

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:11 am Reply with quote
Hey, Afro Samurai was nothing short of amazing in terms of fluid animation. Laughing
zaeris

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:26 am Reply with quote
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:
I would much rather prefer to see more animated films from Studio Bones or Studio Pierrot..their films always have far greater fluidity in the animation then anything Gonzo is capable of creating.

by watching do you mean downloading off torrent and watching for free at home or actually going into a cinema and paying for an actual viewing.
In either case i don't think it is of any concern to the studio if you're not a consumer.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:10 am Reply with quote

Yes, because it has nothing to do with the fact movies from Pierrot or Bones are based on mega franchises that would have high budgets shoved into their wazoos regardless of the studio. Yep. Gonzo's willing to create it's own content, which is something to be admired all it's own.

Yes, yes, I know about Eureka 7 and Darker than Black.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:27 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Even anime are going to China! Laughing

There's a whole chapter in Schoolgirl Milky Crisis on Chinese animation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Youkai Warrior

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:19 pm Reply with quote

Agreed. I never really cared for anything Gonzo made.

Quote:
Gonzo's willing to create it's own content, which is something to be admired all it's own.

Definitely. It's great they're willing to make their own content. If only they could make something that's actually really good. Not much of their series have interested me.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:55 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Even anime are going to China! :lol:

What isn't made in China these days? Have to admit though, didn't think anime would be going to China any time soon. But looks like it is.

What is next, manga going to China next? For all we know, it probably is.

It's been several years since I last watched a Gonzo series. Not since Tower of Druaga at least. It's too bad the second season didn't make me laugh as much as the first one did. Okay, yeah the first season was quite awesome, so it probably was hard to top that.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:15 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Have to admit though, didn't think anime would be going to China any time soon.

What is next, manga going to China next? For all we know, it probably is.

I feel I should point out that 90% of bootleg anime has English and Chinese subtitles, and (although it is exclusively dormcat's domain) we have multiple chinese dialects present in the encyclopedia (e.g. see manga#2335). I distinctly remember Kiddy Grade being broadcast somewhere in Chinese as there was a flood of Chinese speakers at one point on the forums that used to be on the official Japanese site (I have a notepad file somewhere where I was trying to figure out what all the names were), and I have some of the Taiwanese DVDs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1