• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nickelodeon to Co-Produce Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:55 pm Reply with quote
I checked out the manga covers of Akihabara@DEEP found here:

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/1931/mangavol15tf.jpg

...and here:

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/2900/mangavol28bm.jpg

I wish I knew what the plot was about though it would be intriuging of how Nick is going to pull this anime based on a seinen manga.
Riyousha

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:45 pm Reply with quote
I remember an anime on Nickelodeon called Speed Racer X. It was a good show.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
DragonsRevenge

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:45 am Reply with quote
The writer of that article must have only been 12 years old if they didn't know about all the anime Nick had aired in the early 80s. For shame...
Kouji

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:05 am Reply with quote
Why? I'm 21 and I had no idea that Nicklodeon had aired that much anime.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
DragonsRevenge

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Kouji wrote:
Why? I'm 21 and I had no idea that Nicklodeon had aired that much anime.

To be fair, you may remember them, but may not have realized they were anime until you got into it. I didn't know they were anime till I had seen other shows from japan drawn the same way and found there was a name for that style. But the reporter should've been aware of that, especially when he's reporting for a site with all those shows in the database. Granted it has been corrected, so it's a moot point.
Kouji

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Um, not quite. I don't even remember these shows at all. Hell, I didn't even know any of these shows existed until I read this thread and even now I know next to nothing about them. Not everyone who grows up in the U.S. watched Nickelodeon all the time, you know.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
DragonsRevenge

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:17 pm Reply with quote
I didn't say I did. I just remembered watching them.
TheHTRO

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:25 am Reply with quote
Okay, from what I can translate, "Akihabara@DEEP" refers to this invention that was created by this crooked company, which was stolen by "Akihabara's strongest otaku". It also mentions a "war" between the company and the otaku who stole it. The description also mentions a "Cyber-Akihabara".

Be aware that I could be totally off base here.

Anyway, NICK might be co-producing it for their "TEENick" block (or maybe some oth future block). In any event, I shouldn't have to worry about swearing or anything like that. I mean, this is Nickelodeon we're talking about...

Of course, there is the chance that the "Akihabara@DEEP" that is actually being made might be a totally different show, but chances of that are about 5-10%, I'd say.

In any event, let's just hope all parties involved know what they're talking about...
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Okay, from what I can translate, "Akihabara@DEEP" refers to this invention that was created by this crooked company, which was stolen by "Akihabara's strongest otaku". It also mentions a "war" between the company and the otaku who stole it. The description also mentions a "Cyber-Akihabara".

I was under the impression that the new Nicktoon was about an aspiring anime voice actor, and isn't based on a manga. (I could be totally off the mark too, though.)
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:17 pm Reply with quote
If you're talking about Kappa Mikey, you are REALLY off mark. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Oops. *smacks head with Excaliborg over and over* THAT'S what I was thinking of. I don't have cable, so I don't really keep up on the new shows. Embarassed
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3