• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Manga from Tsutomu Nihei

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Xenos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:51 am Reply with quote
So this mean Biomega, his other new work, is on haitus after one volume? Eh. Whatever. Anything from Nihei is gold to me. Though Biomega was pretty damn good.

-Xenos
WaR.KiN

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:47 pm Reply with quote
He could work on all 3 mangas if he likes. I'm looking forward to NSE the most.

Any information on what ABARA is about?
anime_hazel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:26 am Reply with quote
Abara it set in a dystopian society, it focuses on the character Itou Denji who works in an oil cultivation company. When a White Gauna monster is loose in the city, the ministry troops are powerless against it, so Itou spoiler[transforms into a Black Gauna and] fights it.

The punitive forces ministry are the investigative forces of the monster situation, lead by Sakijima spoiler[ after the other detective is beheaded!] However, Todohomi an agent of Kegen Hall, not affiliated with the ministry seems more informed about what is going on, much to the frustration of Sakijima.

It seems that Itou Denji had been underground with his fake name, and now that he is identified by the ministry because of the fight, other shady chracters have noticed and wish to find him...

I've tried to summarise it, but it's difficult to explain without ruining key storyline surprises!

There are plenty of monsters/gore, and enough breathtaking scenes to keep it interesting, and 'bits' of people.

It's Tsutomu at his best Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1