• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 2nd Super Robot Wars OG Headed to PlayStation 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
W-General

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:09 pm Reply with quote
The naming is a bit confusing but this is technically "2nd SRW OGs." This is not a remake of SRW OG2 on the GBA (available in the US), but a direct sequel.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:04 pm Reply with quote
MX, D, Real Robot Regime, and most likely SRW Alpha 2 are the games that have been confirmed to be adapted in this game.

Also Katina and Russel will be getting their Genspents heavily rebuilt into new custom models.

Really interesting to see that this was the one that is being made for the PS3, and not SRW Z2 when you think it would be the other way around.
rrizqiw

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:31 am Reply with quote
scan: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=3616619&postcount=12

also super special edition will include a four Blu-ray disc set of the recently completed 26 episode Super Robot Taisen OG The Inspector anime The asking price for this: ¥41,790.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/05/18/suparobo_limited_edition/
vapwaazu

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:09 am Reply with quote
SRW on PS3, I've been waiting for this!

My hope is that Touma and Raioh/Dairaioh will be in the game Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:28 am Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
Also Katina and Russel will be getting their Genspents heavily rebuilt into new custom models.

Ugh, hope Katina gets completely respecced in that case, she sucks as a real robot pilot. I always end up giving her a Grungust (the red Type-1 or Type-2), because she's useless in a Gespenst (unlike Kai ). I say give the lady her own super already, you hear me Banpresto!

And yeah, why isn't this called OG3? Though granted, OGs did feature a bunch of retcons and new additions to the plot, so I guess if they want to take those into account calling the game 2nd OGs does kinda make sense.
Amiantos

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:35 am Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
MX, D, Real Robot Regime, and most likely SRW Alpha 2 are the games that have been confirmed to be adapted in this game.

Really interesting to see that this was the one that is being made for the PS3, and not SRW Z2 when you think it would be the other way around.

Russel and Katina's Gespenst I believe are the ACE Portable customs really. I could be wrong seeing as I haven't played my copy in quite some time.
Amiantos

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:36 am Reply with quote
Generic #757858 wrote:
Charred Knight wrote:

Ugh, hope Katina gets completely respecced in that case, she sucks as a real robot pilot. I always end up giving her a Grungust (the red Type-1 or Type-2), because she's useless in a Gespenst (unlike Kai ). I say give the lady her own super already, you hear me Banpresto!

And yeah, why isn't this called OG3? Though granted, OGs did feature a bunch of retcons and new additions to the plot, so I guess if they want to take those into account calling the game 2nd OGs does kinda make sense.

I believe they're going off of OGS being the first game and this one being the second.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:00 am Reply with quote
rrizqiw wrote:
scan: http://forums.[This URL is a known Fansub Distribution website]/showpost.php?p=3616619&postcount=12

also super special edition will include a four Blu-ray disc set of the recently completed 26 episode Super Robot Taisen OG The Inspector anime The asking price for this: ¥41,790.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/05/18/suparobo_limited_edition/

They need to offer the BD box as a stand alone. Not interested in the game ATM.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:11 am Reply with quote
vapwaazu wrote:
SRW on PS3, I've been waiting for this!

My hope is that Touma and Raioh/Dairaioh will be in the game Very Happy

A mecha called Jinrai that appears to be a prototype of Raioh is in it. Raioh was also confirmed with it appearing as one of the mechas that will be on the cover. Presumably it will most likely be like Ibis where we get quite a bit of story before her Alpha 2 story kicks in.
Kraker2k

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:10 am Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:

Nope. They are just getting Mass Produced variation of the MK2-Kai line that were being tested in OG Gaiden. Katina and Russel are still your grunt cannon fodder with grunt canon fodder mechs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1