• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Corpse Party Tortured Souls (OAV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bango

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:59 pm Reply with quote
anime#14993

If I'm not mistaken there's no topic for this one yet. If there is then I didn't find it in the list or with a quick Find of a few pages.

Anyway I'm a huge fan of the games so I'm likely biased but I really liked it. Not only did they kill off the only CP character I hate in a fairly nasty way but they kept several of my favourite scenes. They gave a cool meding of the original and the remake for one scene and I also loved that ending.

However I'm thinking it would be a jumbled mess of unexplored characters and brutal murder for those who didn't play the first game.

I'm very glad that the art was good and that they didn't skimp on the gore. While anime ultra-violence is always around I was feeling kind of bummed out that shows stopped showing the gibs and entrails but kept the 500litres of blood per wound. Not to sound insensitive but I want my gore to be gory with just as much pink and blue and black as it is red. And this show delivers in `90's 1-shot ova proportions when it comes to the gore. They even managed to make some of the already-gory deaths even more grotesque by adding extra pain (spoiler[Mayu]'s death being a perfect example)
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:32 pm Reply with quote
I've seen it about two weeks ago and thought was alright, nothing spectacular. I was somewhat surprised @ the amount of violence without censors and the blood.

I found the soundtrack/OST to be quite strong but the story to be a bit loose. The ending wasn't what I was hoping for either....

I have been reading the various manga adaptations though but haven't played the games yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rhyono

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
The ending wasn't what I was hoping for either....

All 4 episodes are out?
Bango

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Indeed. They came out pretty rapidly. Well, maybe I'm still basing my average OVA episode release schedule off Read or Die LOL.

The soundtrack is directly from the PSP game which I can attest to as being awesome. Actually it's sad that the one track from Book of Shadows that I really really wanted is, to my knowledge, the ONLY track left off the OST and the in-game BGM gallery. I ended up hooking my PSP up to my phone and recording the part where it plays but I have no good equipment for audio recording (my computer being worse at it than my phone is. LOL)
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Rhyono wrote:
Stark700 wrote:
The ending wasn't what I was hoping for either....

All 4 episodes are out?

All four episodes came out about 2 weeks ago.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kerberous

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:26 pm Reply with quote
I was shocked that Ep 1 made sense. As for the rest of them... spoiler[ Fanservice, killing important characters for no reason, wasting time on scenes that they showed in previous OVAs, hilarious gore, etc.]

And the worst thing I can say is that it's boring. If the gore doesn't bother you, it can cure insomnia.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1