• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
I want to start a Manga Collection.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:13 pm Reply with quote
well, if you've never read manga before, trying going to a library and checking out whatever looks interesting and a couple things that look boring based on the cover, but you aren't entirely sure what genre they are.

As for my current favorite titles:
Kekkaishi (demon, shonen, battling things using magical boxes, quite an interesting read and appears to be gaining popularity)
Maison Ikkoku (romantic comedy, old classic that takes place in the later 80's when no one had cell phones)
Parasyte (psychological thriller, parasite takes over a high schooler's right arm while other parasites take over heads and kill people)
Monster (also psychological thriller, doctor tries to stop a magnificent killer, possibly Satan, on the loose)
Cromartie High School (monty python-esque comedy, a mute late freddie mercury and a gorilla are main characters. It's difficult to describe anything else, sorry!)
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:33 pm Reply with quote
This thread started in '03, please be mindful of these things when responding to an odd thread like this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2