• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Can anyone recommend a good, underground manga to a newbie?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cakebread

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:50 am Reply with quote
Hi there. I feel a bit out of place since I'm not really the biggest manga fan in the world, and granted some exposure to and experience with it, I'm very uneducated on the subject. However, I've been asked asked to look for some good underground work, possibly as part of a transition to video. This search is inspired by the likes of Oldboy, which became a highly successful film. Given some of my knowledge of the medium, I'm out here searching around, and I thought I'd take it to a forum. So my question is, as newbie as it probably sounds, what are some quality comics/anime/manga that you guys like, but have gone relatively unnoticed. I'm talking outside of most japanese work, tokyopop, etc. Those guys are expensive to license. Please assume I'm not familiar with any of the work, as I'd like to hear about anything you guys have to offer. Thanks all, it's much appreciated!
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:48 am Reply with quote
It's not specifically written in the stickies for the manga forum, but we're not allowing generic recommendation threads now. Even if we were, we'd want you to give us a lot more information, check out the appropriate sticky if you want to see what we're looking for and some other ways to get recommendations. Honestly, you're not gonna find anything terrible if you go to the top 50 list of manga and just pick one at random. I've found some of my favorite titles in a similar fashion.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1