• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Chibi Vampire: Bites

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm definitely not saying ANN shouldn't review Tokyopop titles, but I was surprised to see a Tokyopop review.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:13 am Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:
I'm definitely not saying ANN shouldn't review Tokyopop titles, but I was surprised to see a Tokyopop review.

They probably got it from the fire sale..............
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:21 am Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:

I get your point, but the book is available out there if fans of the franchise want it and Theron reviewed it, so there's the review. I doubt we'll have any TP reviews after this one.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:10 pm Reply with quote
I'd say the most suprising yet interesting highlight was definitely the map of Karin's home town. I assumed manga-ka just thought of places in their head and they could've taken place wherever, but it's cool Kagesaki put thought into the overall specific picture that is Karin's world.

As much as I'd love it to be otherwise, I've pretty much lost hope that anyone would ever translate and release the final Chibi Vampire novel. There was just one volume left to go, it's too bad.
Key

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:28 pm Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:
As much as I'd love it to be otherwise, I've pretty much lost hope that anyone would ever translate and release the final Chibi Vampire novel. There was just one volume left to go, it's too bad.

Novel 8 has been released in the U.S. and novel 9 is slated for September IIRC. Are there any past that?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:07 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Novel 8 has been released in the U.S. and novel 9 is slated for September IIRC. Are there any past that?

The 9th novel was supposed to be the last, and it was slated when Tokyopop was still in business.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:14 am Reply with quote
There has got to be some irony in this whole ordeal. Not only is this the last Karin related manga that was was licensed, but the title of manga of the manga made me chuckle a little bit, given that Tokyo Pop "bit" the dust not too long ago.

As for the manga itself, I am not going to lie, I was thinking of buying it, but because every (including Borders) has gone out of business or moved in my residence, it has delayed my plans on buying this.

Also, I am surprised that both this is last Tokyo Pop review likely to ever be done on ANN and the fact ANN even reviewed this. It's actually amusing (in it's own right I suppose) that there is so little information about this and the information that was given said really nothing about the book.

But to be honest, considering that Tokyo Pop is out of business, the fact I wasn't all that impressed with Chibi Vampire Airmail (actually sold it because it was way too odd for my tastes) I think I will consider this the last Tokyo Pop manga that I will likely ever read a reivew about/really hear any news about that has any interest to me.

Great review though Key, thank you for reviewing this. Honestly never thought this would ever be reviewed though.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Irony at the AiON preview...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1