• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Michael Bay ruined my childhood(Transformer vehicle pics)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:
See little disclaimer on bottom of previous post.

That's not specific enough.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Here's another link to the pics.

Left Lane News: Transformers The Movie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:18 am Reply with quote
areaseven wrote:
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:

Go play with your pony. Shoo.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:31 am Reply with quote
I see you guys are headed in a bad direction. You can't stop the movie from coming out, let's just see what the movie brings. 20 years or ten years, things change, and the changes are probably being to appeal to an audience twenty years down the road.
Ginrai1984

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:27 am Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
v1cious wrote:
at the risk of sounding nerdy...

BUMBLEBEE IS A VOLKSWAGEN BUG!!!

if they were gonna change something like that, then why even have him at all? not to mention the plot sounds terrible.

Because Transformers is a toy brand/property, not specifically an 80's cartoon series. People need to realise that this movie isnt nessecerally going to be made for their nostalgia.

people have high expactions and hopes for it being as loyal to the g1 universe since the tf g1 series is known for it cult-status in the sci-fi cult!but i like actually bumblebee new look since it has the alternators look!and if people want a loyal adaption to the g1 universe they should watch galaxy force imo(NOT cybertron since the it ruined pretty much everything that made GF great)
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:37 am Reply with quote
Ginrai1984 wrote:

people have high expactions and hopes for it being as loyal to the g1 universe since the tf g1 series is known for it cult-status in the sci-fi cult!but i like actually bumblebee new look since it has the alternators look!and if people want a loyal adaption to the g1 universe they should watch galaxy force imo(NOT cybertron since the it ruined pretty much everything that made GF great)

Nostalgia or not, it's a toy property and an old cartoon series, not a piece of classic literature.
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:19 am Reply with quote
I'm just glad that Starscream is going to be in the movie and he's still going to be a jet. He's always been my favorite transformer. He's just so bad ass and is always a source of treachery or betrayal, either by leading another army against both the autobots and decepticons, dethroning megatron, or by joining the autobots. Plus, he's an awesome fighter.
Primus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Ginrai1984 wrote:
(NOT cybertron since the it ruined pretty much everything that made GF great)

Strange because many in the fandom(including myself) perfer the dub.Due to the fact that Galaxy Force imo became as boring as Energon did(imo Energon was a snooze fest).

Anywhos,I like the cars so far for this movie.Looks like BumbleBee will become Gold Bug or something(The Old 1970 Camaro to the upgrade 2008 Camaro is a small hint I think).Though I hope DreamWorks and Paramount get more Car Companies on board,to make this movie diverse and to not make this movie a GM and Ford Commercial.
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:
areaseven wrote:
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:

Go play with your pony. Shoo.

You're lucky I'm not a Forum mod. Twisted Evil
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:22 pm Reply with quote
From http://www.gamespot.com/news/6152589.html:

Robert Sanchez, editor of The Movie Reporter...claims to have gotten his hands on the film's script and reveals a few more new Transformers that may make it into the movie.

"I almost forgot to mention one of the most stupid scenes in the script," he writes on the site. "For reasons that I won't get into, we see an iPod, Xbox 360, and plasma screens sprout legs and transform just a bit." It's unclear whether the Xbox 360 Transformer is an Autobot or Decepticon.

Rolling Eyes
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:25 pm Reply with quote
A leaked early script with a ridiculous scene? Wow, that never happens and they're always true. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:31 pm Reply with quote
An Apple ipod, and a Microsoft 360 together in a scene.......I think if it makes it to the movie one of those will be cut out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:28 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
An Apple ipod, and a Microsoft 360 together in a scene.......I think if it makes it to the movie one of those will be cut out.

a.k.a. Who can throw the most money to the producers.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:22 am Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
A leaked early script with a ridiculous scene? Wow, that never happens and they're always true. Rolling Eyes

Gatsu posts bullshit-esque news post and adds absolutely no comments besides Rolling Eyes!?

:Roll:
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:21 am Reply with quote
The pic of Bumblebee Dreamworks doesn't want you to see.
I got it through KFCC. Well to be fair to ANN, I'll just post the link, just in case.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6