• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Michael Bay ruined my childhood(Transformer vehicle pics)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Huh?

I figured everything would be CGI. This actually gives me new hope, as shows that use a mix of real life models and CGI, usually turn out better, than than the ones that use one or the other exclusively.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ilikeulikeme

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
to make this movie diverse and to not make this movie a GM and Ford Commercial.

I don't remember where I read this but some one said that the mustang and camaro fight. From some of the stuff I've been reading it looks like this movie is going to be a commercial for just about every name brand item on the market right now. It still could be a good movie though, more products equals more munnys which might mean better movie.
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:31 am Reply with quote
Ilikeulikeme wrote:
Primus wrote:
to make this movie diverse and to not make this movie a GM and Ford Commercial.

I don't remember where I read this but some one said that the mustang and camaro fight. From some of the stuff I've been reading it looks like this movie is going to be a commercial for just about every name brand item on the market right now. It still could be a good movie though, more products equals more munnys which might mean better movie.

Product Placement ahoy!!

But seriously, thier placement in the movie won't mean i'd buy them. For example:

The S-197 Mustang and the New Camaro Concept won't compell me to buy them, because their merely modern versions of their legendary nameplates. Which don't hold a stick to the classic 60's versions, which are far more superior design wise. Both of them look like areodynamically failed bricks. Whomever designed them needs to lay off the Crystal Meth and get those boss internals into a better exterior stat!!

XBox 360 is still an overpriced lackluster system with very few great games. Call me when they have a better selection of racing games.
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:38 pm Reply with quote
At least Optimus isn't so bad, except he doesn't have a trailer.
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:14 pm Reply with quote
You guys know that they're coming out with a live-action Transformers movie, right?
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:48 pm Reply with quote
SharinganEyes92 wrote:
You guys know that they're coming out with a live-action Transformers movie, right?

That is what the entire point of this thread is.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:00 am Reply with quote
SharinganEyes92 wrote:

Where were you at when this thread was born?

Not a bad pic of Optimus Prime. Has there been anything out yet for Megatron?
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:10 am Reply with quote
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:00 am Reply with quote
Oh, sorry. My bad. I actually phrased my post wrong. I meant to say "You guys know you can watch the preview here." I assumed they came out with a new preview after the original was posted. Sorry for sounding like an idiot. Rolling Eyes
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:18 am Reply with quote
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Steve: So not actually seeing the Transformers until the movie comes out isn't a rip-off in your eyes?
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:53 pm Reply with quote
You guys argue all the time, and usually I can figure out at least what it is you are arguing about. Here I have no idea. Perhaps its the use of double negatives, I don't know.

The only impact I think this pic has is it means Optimus is not going to be a flat nose. Wasn't the reason Optimus was a flat nose in the cartoon, is because most trucks overseas are flat noses. The link provided gives the explanation that it will lead to a taller standing robot. Ok, fine. Piss off all the purists. And in this case when I say purist, I mean anyone who actually remembers the cartoon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Could it be some of us are just trying to make the movie look bad so certain people will not go see it a year before the movie is even due out? I mean come on, people! There's been so many different incarnations of Transformers so why can't we have another one?
Riyousha

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Boy, I hope Optimus Prime doesn't get ruined and neither should the movie. But thankfully, it's not an Uwe boll film. Smile

[EDIT: Try not to quote pictures. Thanks -TK]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
x_Hisoka_x

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:41 pm Reply with quote
What's up with the "I don't wanna sound like a nerd" talk? YOUR ON AN ANIME FORUM! YOUR A NERD ALREADY!

In my opinion...they ruined it by changing it. Why fix it when it's not broke? Sure, that Camaro is a beaut, but it's not Bumblebee. Optimus is a semi and he DOESN'T have flames on the front. Right now I'm just picturing the old Transformers movie and although it was animated it was still awesome. Optimus was awesome with his blue and his white and his red. I even heard rumors that Optimus was going to be a firetruck (I guess those were wrong due to the picture posted). I can't picture that photo of Bumblebee actually turning back into a Camaro.

I believe this movie is gonna be a stinker. I'm just praying it won't suck. Transformers are one of my favourite franchises and I hope this movie will do them justice. Man, I'd feel a million times better if Bryan Singer was doin this movie.

Also, don't worry about Uwe Boll, he only makes terrible movies on videogames, not comic books. *cough* Bloodrayne *cough cough* Silent Hill *cough* Laughing
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6