Forum - View topic
The Click - June 3rd - June 9th


Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SSJ Gohan 64



Joined: 01 Jan 2003
Posts: 223
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Actually, it seems Eureka Seven is still on at midnight. It's also at 1:30 A.M. as well. Looks like AS had a change of heart.


Even though this isn't anime, watch Korgoth of Barbaria. The pilot is at 11:30 p.m. and 12:30 a.m. today. It's funny and violent at the same time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Dargonxtc



Joined: 13 Apr 2006
Posts: 4463
Location: Nc5xd7+ スターダストの海洋

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Sorry I think The Click is right Look


I am one of those who think that [as] has it out for anime, but I am not going to bring it up as I am watching my blood pressure.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
halochief_90



Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 463
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:18 pm Reply with quote
That's one messed up "vision", but that's not how it works. I really wouldn't watch anything that mashes together anime and Family Guy. In order for anime to be universally accepted, we need more shows like Lost. Which follow complex plots like anime. Sadly, CSI and Law and Order hogs 99% of spotlight giving Lost like the other 1%! If more people place there big budgets into story development, more people would watch shows like anime. In the end, people just watch what everyone else is watching.[/b]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
arxane



Joined: 30 Oct 2002
Posts: 447

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
I am one of those who think that [as] has it out for anime, but I am not going to bring it up as I am watching my blood pressure.


Well, some folks over at Toon Zone mentioned that AS and G4 are currently in a bidding war over the broadcast rights for "Blood+". Whether or not it's true remains to be seen, but that would be an interesting addition to the lineup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dargonxtc



Joined: 13 Apr 2006
Posts: 4463
Location: Nc5xd7+ スターダストの海洋

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:46 pm Reply with quote
halochief_90 wrote:
That's one messed up "vision", but that's not how it works. I really wouldn't watch anything that mashes together anime and Family Guy. In order for anime to be universally accepted, we need more shows like Lost. Which follow complex plots like anime. Sadly, CSI and Law and Order hogs 99% of spotlight giving Lost like the other 1%! If more people place there big budgets into story development, more people would watch shows like anime. In the end, people just watch what everyone else is watching.[/b]

Your plan to to gain anime'[s universal acceptance is to have more shows like LOST. Smile


I think we need to find a way to get past "thats just for kids" or "all it is is porn" or what I get sometime's "I can' believe your watching a F&$#@G Cartoon" before we start throwing money at shows like LOST to save the day.

EDIT:

Oh and arxane, I guess I should clarify my statement in that I think most people at [as] have it in for anime. Obviopusly the people that work on these are for it, I just don't know how many of them are left.

And yes if that is true Blood+ would be a great addition.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Pepperidge



Joined: 13 Sep 2003
Posts: 1035
Location: British Columbia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Anyway, yeah, please everyone watch Eureka seveN tonight. Maybe if it does decently, they'll bring it back to 12am next week. It does seem that they really don't like this particular show, though. But if that is the case, they shouldn't take it out on the viewers.

And Brian, Case Closed is not on the schedule, but as was reported yesterday, it's run was miraculously saved by YTV at the last minute and it's now running at 12am. Looking at the rest of the new line-up, Naruto and Fullmetal Alchemist are damn lucky to still be holding onto their timeslots. Damn Canadian Content.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
luhead



Joined: 04 Oct 2004
Posts: 151

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:20 pm Reply with quote
AS didn't change Eureka 7's time slot because they don't like the show. They moved it to a later time because people aren't watching it. FMA premieres never got pushed back to 1:30 because the ratings for it were good (at least by AS anime standards). I'm sure the folks at AS would have been thrilled for Eureka to be a huge hit.

And if they hate it like some people say, why did they acquire it in the first place?

Um, wait, I just looked at the Adult Swim home page and it shows Eureka as being on at 12:00
and 1:30, so I don't know what's going on. I guess we will see.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RedComet



Joined: 05 Dec 2004
Posts: 227
Location: Virginia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:33 pm Reply with quote
I'm mad that Eureka 7 got pushed back but I'll still watch it and hopefully it does better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dargonxtc



Joined: 13 Apr 2006
Posts: 4463
Location: Nc5xd7+ スターダストの海洋

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:57 pm Reply with quote
luhead wrote:
Um, wait, I just looked at the Adult Swim home page and it shows Eureka as being on at 12:00
and 1:30, so I don't know what's going on. I guess we will see.


Look
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Joe anime



Joined: 23 Aug 2005
Posts: 226
Location: Brooklyn,NY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:05 pm Reply with quote
1:30am,that's late.i liked it better at 12:00am,well it's better
for me.my father sees boxing at 10:00pm and sometimes sees
it past 12:00am.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Joe Mello



Joined: 31 May 2004
Posts: 1832
Location: Tekkoshocon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:22 pm Reply with quote
It also doesn't help that Eureka 7 is pretty lousy.

Paranoia Agent really is appointment viewing, especially now that I have things to look for.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bahamut623



Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 1396

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:31 pm Reply with quote
It looks like they did move it back to midnight. I set my DVR for it last night for 1:30. I just checked like 10 minutes ago, and it now says the show will be on at midnight.

And it's not lousy Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Dargonxtc



Joined: 13 Apr 2006
Posts: 4463
Location: Nc5xd7+ スターダストの海洋

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:35 pm Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
It looks like they did move it back to midnight. I set my DVR for it last night for 1:30. I just checked like 10 minutes ago, and it now says the show will be on at midnight.

And it's not lousy Razz


Well I wouldn't change your DVR settings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Anime_Freak



Joined: 07 Dec 2002
Posts: 420
Location: Oklahoma

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:36 pm Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
It looks like they did move it back to midnight. I set my DVR for it last night for 1:30. I just checked like 10 minutes ago, and it now says the show will be on at midnight.

And it's not lousy Razz


If your DVR let's you, tell it to record all eps of that show at ANY time on that channel, mine let's me do that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Stormrider
Encyclopedia Editor


Joined: 29 Jul 2003
Posts: 41
Location: Hermitage, TN

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Just a heads-up...

Showtime Beyond is running Peacemaker on Thursday, Friday, and Sunday with Chrono Crusade.

Mirage of Blaze has taken over the old Street Fighter II V slot on Encore Wam.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group