• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Chrono Crusade (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Siamese927

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:07 pm Reply with quote

Chrono Crusade (TV)

Genres: action, comedy, drama, romance, supernatural
Themes: demons, exorcists, girls with guns, religion, shapeshifting

Plot Summary: The year is 1928 A.D. The place is New York, U.S.A. The economic prosperity brought forth after the Great War also heightened the presence of something far darker and much more sinister: the demonic Sinners. The Magdalene Order is an organization that tries to counter this force. Two of its exorcists are Rosette Christopher and her assistant, Chrono. Both appear out of place in an organization like this, and they are in a quest to find Rosette's missing brother, Joshua. Their relationships, secrets and fates can only be revealed in time...
----------------------------------

"Will there be a sequel to the Anime or manga series Chrno Crusade?"
I don't know if this question ever came up on this forum, but if there already is a topic on it please let me know...

My opinion is that the ending was okay. I really could have done without spoiler[Chrno and Rosette dying... It ruined everything! Wasn't Chrno supposed to live to kill Aion, because if anyone hadn't noticed Aion is still alive! I know there are some of you out there that think the ending was great, but do to my love for the rest of the episodes I was greatly dissapointed with the ending... All that pain that Rosette and Chrno had to go through... and what did they get for it, nothing! Death awaited them! I mean we don't even know if they BOTH went to heaven... Rosette probably did, but what about Chrno!? I really would like to see a sequel where they both get called back, and I don't mean riencarnation, I mean like it wasn't there time or something, so God or someone pulled them back to kill Aion... Didn't Mary Magdalene tell Chrno he would kill Aion? So why isn't he dead? Chrno never completed what he was supposed to do!... and to explain the 50 year lapse after their death I would have to say that once you die time stops for you, but not on earth.]
I just need some answers please...and some comfort because I cried...why couldn't it be happy and funny!?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:04 pm Reply with quote
from what i've heard, the manga ends different.
Nirvana

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:15 pm Reply with quote
I think it somehow goes with the theme of the series. spoiler[Rosette and Chrono died together, peacefully, I think taht gave them a "happy ending."]

The whole idea of the series, to me, is that spoiler[evil will always be there, and that the good will try to stop them when tehy can. If they try to, they will not always succeed, but they will be rewarded by God for it.] I guess it's way overinterpreting everything, but that's what i got from this anime, and i loved it.
Stupidman007

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I dont think Aion was actually evil. It's just that his intentions, compared with rational thinking, made him the antagonist of the show.

In the last part, spoiler[when we find out that he somehow was alive, he said that his horns moves time.] Shouldn't that in itself show that he's not evil? He's trying to move time, create a revolution, and stick to his ideals of going against a false world. In a sense, that's very much like what happens in Scrapped Princess, except that one group was the protagonist while the other the opposite.

Back on the main topic, going by the story and build up, Rosette had to die. Why? because it's already established that she would only be able to live a few years after accepting the contract with Chrono. As for Chrono, what is the point of him living by himself? so he died with her. It's like, if you can't live the way you want, at least die the way you want.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:02 pm Reply with quote
The Chrono Crusade anime ended the way it should have ended. Given the way the story was set up and played out, for it to have ended any other way would have been a disservice to the whole series. It's a better series overall for the way the last episode went than for it to have used some cheap gimmick to get around it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zalis116

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:12 am Reply with quote
If it hadn't ended that way, all the fans would have started complaining to no end about spoiler["What's with this stupid 'reset button' crap? I can't believe this ending was so cheap, how can they build up all that 'time is limited' junk and then let them live??" ] Either way, Chrono Crusade couldn't have satisfied everybody. I respect the writers for it--it was a bold and gutsy way to end the series, and that "sunset scene" ranks among my all-time favorite scenes. It's just so well-done (in terms of art/music/timing) and well-acted (even in English) that I can go back and watch it again and again and still get the same feeling as I did when I saw it for the first time. Plus, Sister Kate says something like spoiler["I guess you could call this a form of happiness," since Chrono and Rosette don't have to live on to see the sufferings of the Great Depression and World War II.]
Nirvana

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:19 am Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
Plus, Sister Kate says something like spoiler["I guess you could call this a form of happiness," since Chrono and Rosette don't have to live on to see the sufferings of the Great Depression and World War II.]

Oh wow, i totally forgot about that part. I agree with what the others have mentioned. There is no way they couldve ended this anime any other way that would have made sense to the series.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:36 am Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
Chrono Crusade couldn't have satisfied everybody. I respect the writers for it--it was a bold and gutsy way to end the series, and that "sunset scene" ranks among my all-time favorite scenes.

Exactly there not one anime (or ending) that everyone will like. But what is unique about Chrono (Chrno whatever) is how that ending is execution. spoiler[Personally I thought that Rosetta and Chrono deaths were very moving with the sun and everything else. But at the same time you do really get the sense that their deaths was for the best/fitting that they rest in peace together.] Still one of my personal favorite, a great story that has that rare mix of comedy (A tad heavy at times), action, and drama.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral

BTW: The extra for the DVD (Non Thin-Pack) are so cool, I am glad I was able to get it instead of the thin pack.
Siamese927

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:31 pm Reply with quote
I understand what all of you ugys are trying to tell me....but none of you answered my initial question!!! Is there going to be a sequel or not!?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Siamese927 wrote:
I understand what all of you ugys are trying to tell me....but none of you answered my initial question!!! Is there going to be a sequel or not!?

No there has been any sort of announcement that anyone is working on a series. And no I doubt there will be because everything was wrapped up pretty much. If you are still interested in this series go and buy the manga.

Beside what kind of sequel would it be with spoiler[Chrono/Rosette dead? How could you have Chrono Crusade 2: (<---Insert title here) while their dead. Maybe it's a parody with Chrono and Rosette doing wacky things in Heaven. And even then that is way out there, I mean did a devil go to Heaven? That hardly seems like their crusade, perhaps a spinoff show dealing with Father Remlington but even then that very hard to buy into.]
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Siamese927 wrote:

No there has been any sort of announcement that anyone is working on a series. And no I doubt there will be because everything was wrapped up pretty much. If you are still interested in this series go and buy the manga.

Beside what kind of sequel would it be with spoiler[Chrono/Rosette dead? How could you have Chrono Crusade 2: (<---Insert title here) while their dead. Maybe it's a parody with Chrono and Rosette doing wacky things in Heaven. And even then that is way out there, I mean did a devil go to Heaven? That hardly seems like their crusade, perhaps a spinoff show dealing with Father Remlington but even then that very hard to buy into.]
Till next time,

Delta Kiral

well they could make one with Azumaria i suppose.

i've always wondered spoiler[is aion suppsed to be Satan? i mean they never say it outright, but the fact that he's still alive and all the events that transpire afterwards seem to imply that he is.]
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:31 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
well they could make one with Azumaria i suppose.

Good point I always forget about her, perhaps she becomes the new Rosetta, could be kinda funny. With Azumaria running around trying to catch the new Demon.

v1cious wrote:
i've always wondered spoiler[is aion suppsed to be Satan? i mean they never say it outright, but the fact that he's still alive and all the events that transpire afterwards seem to imply that he is.]

You know I assumed so spoiler[because he is the leader of the fallen angels to revolt against God's will. That would then make him Lucifer I persume. But to answer your question I believe that Aion is Satan.]
I always believed that was true with Aion, I mean it seems to make sense.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
NeonGEvangelion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Aion is suppose to symbolize/represent evil incarnate. He himself is not the devil/satan/lucifer. Aion represents a thing that can never be wiped off the face of this world. If evil never exsisted, there would be no god. God gave humanity a heart, which in turn he found was a mistake. Thats why he placed evil on this world (Aion)

As to the new series thing, Azmaria would be just adorable in that series. Her in her little Rosette get up, its just so cute Anime smile. Story wise, she could hunt Aion, but its a worthless cause, since he is evil himself(Which cant be defeated). Maybe the series could be like a romance or something or maybe follow Azmarias adventures to becoming a Sister.

Anything said based on religion is pure interpretation and is not to be taken likly or to be taken to full extent, to be true.
sonicfirex

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:40 am Reply with quote
Ok, I do agree that the series had to end the way it did, and to have provided some gimmick-y way out of it would have cheapened it.

That, some of the comments made by Rosette in the last scene made it all seem quite awful...and well, not right. It made the ending go from poetic tragedy to well....simply tragic
Nirvana

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:26 pm Reply with quote
sonicfirex wrote:
That, some of the comments made by Rosette in the last scene made it all seem quite awful...and well, not right. It made the ending go from poetic tragedy to well....simply tragic

I disagree with this. I think the fact that she yelled out "I don't want to die, Chrono" (or something to that extent) made it more beautiful. To me, as she cried that, it did hit me emotionally. It felt like she had been holding in so much pain and fear... and now is a good time to let it out, so Chrono can bare it with her. I really thought that part of the ending made the anime that much more beautiful. I'm sorry you don't see it this way =(
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4