• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Hangs 10 on Booklist

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:25 am Reply with quote
It jumping was obvious, but I can't see it getting another boost to get it into the top 30 again. Although, I'd prefer to see more consistant sales to a week of high sales.
ChichiriMuyo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:01 pm Reply with quote
It could realistically crack the top 30. They're still at a point where they are more likely to gain fans than to lose them, and as the fans become more entrenched in the story they are more likely to buy the book closer to the release date (especially if the filler episodes are enough that the manga continues to be ahead of the anime).
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:54 pm Reply with quote
ChichiriMuyo wrote:
It could realistically crack the top 30. They're still at a point where they are more likely to gain fans than to lose them, and as the fans become more entrenched in the story they are more likely to buy the book closer to the release date (especially if the filler episodes are enough that the manga continues to be ahead of the anime).

Since the official release date was the sixth, I believe, it's possible it could make another jump, but it'll be interesting to see if it makes a big enough jump.

The Japanese filler wouldn't have much (if any) impact on the sales, especially since the manga didn't really take off until the Cartoon Network airing, so fansub watchers probably aren't too swayed by the filler vs. being back in the middle of the Chuunin Exam. What I do want to see is if the English anime catches up to the English manga (it's only a little above 15 episodes behind) if the sales will drop off.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:10 am Reply with quote
GoodLuckSaturday wrote:
The Japanese filler wouldn't have much (if any) impact on the sales, especially since the manga didn't really take off until the Cartoon Network airing, so fansub watchers probably aren't too swayed by the filler vs. being back in the middle of the Chuunin Exam. What I do want to see is if the English anime catches up to the English manga (it's only a little above 15 episodes behind) if the sales will drop off.

That's exactly what I am wondering. If the anime does surpass the manga, surely the manga sales will begin to suffer, especially a year or so from now, when the anime may be 30 or even 40 episodes ahead of the manga. This is why I cannot understand why Viz only releases two or three chapters of the Naruto manga per month. They definitely have to ramp up production if they want to continue getting these huge nice profits.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1