• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Gankutsuou: Monte Cristo DVD 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:19 am Reply with quote
I love Gankutsuou, it was one of those series that really made me caught up into the character's situations and it made me really care about them (at least the ones protrayed to be sympatized with)
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:07 am Reply with quote
Gonna love Key's with an another spot on Review. I agree on almost everything you said in that review. Although I don't think I would of rated the dub an A-, more then anything its a B to a B+. And like it is noted in the review, the English dub isn't bad (and I am a dub fan) but I feel that the original Japanese VA are so good it is almost unfair to be compared to them.

This is one of my favorite series of all time and it does show in this volume and the latter ones to follow, but more importantly look at the beautiful art.

The other thing that I'm intrigue with in this story (this is somewhat noted in the review) that even though the basic template is already laid out for the series; but yet it's able to find a soul and something completely unique about it. When I original heard of the anime I thought it would it would be a carbon copy of the Dumas classic story, but this show really does shock you. It's really no secret why this won for best anime of (I think it was 05) 05.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1