• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live Action Devilman Acquired

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dokool

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:30 am Reply with quote
I saw this when it came out in theaters - it's... absolutely ridiculous. Oddly enough, I just bought the R2 on a whim. I wonder if Media Blasters will do the nice holographic cover...

Also, I hope this doesn't languish in production hell in a similar fashion to how Dreamworks seems to have forgotten it owns Casshern.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
hikaru004

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:25 pm Reply with quote
That plot summary in the encyclopedia section reads more like a review. I think that you should warn people of spoilers or edit it.
megumi's guy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:37 pm Reply with quote
I think I remember reading somewhere this was voted the worst live action movie last year in Japan.
tekwych

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:02 pm Reply with quote
If yhey're going to pick this up can't they at least make it a two pack with the live action Cutie Honey?
dokool

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:45 am Reply with quote
tekwych wrote:
If yhey're going to pick this up can't they at least make it a two pack with the live action Cutie Honey?

ADV's put out a "Can Neither Confirm Nor Deny" on Re:Cutie Honey and the LA Cutie Honey movie, although given that they're starting to let titles they've held for a while go to other companies (i.e. Full Metal Panic: TSR going to FUNi), it could be anyone's game.

I wonder how the LA Deathnote will fare...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:24 am Reply with quote
dokool wrote:
ADV's put out a "Can Neither Confirm Nor Deny" on Re:Cutie Honey and the LA Cutie Honey movie,

ADV puts that on everything. The statement is insignificant.

Quote:
*snip* it could be anyone's game.

QFT. Wink
Alucalb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:31 pm Reply with quote
I might get this if it'll have funny dub outtakes like Berserk and Weiss Kreuz. Razz
takuhii

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:43 am Reply with quote
I got this on import from Hong Kong. What a load of rubbish, I expected so much more, don't get me wrong, it's a nicely enough made film, it's just that the plot sucks (the Anime is much better), it feels very disjointed in places and the CGI looks a little out of place in some scenes. In fact the AMOUNT of CGI they use in this, they may as well have just done this as a CGI movie. DIE HARD Devilman fans will love this, but I was GREATLY disappointed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1