• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nagahama Marks 10th Anime Expo Guest

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikaru004

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:51 am Reply with quote
Does this mean that there will be a Mushishi TV R1 licensing announcement at Anime Expo?
midori kou

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Ever since AX got CLAMP, most of these other guests are pretty much no-names to me. Anyone else has that feeling? =/
jtnishi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:19 pm Reply with quote
midori kou wrote:
Ever since AX got CLAMP, most of these other guests are pretty much no-names to me. Anyone else has that feeling? =/

Well, unfortunately, in the presence of a name like CLAMP, almost anyone's going to feel like a no-name (Rumiko Takahashi? Who's that?). That said, I'd have to disagree.

Offhand, Koge-Donbo is probably a pretty good guest, even if she has done signings in So. Cal before. There's enough Digi Charat, Snow Fairy Sugar, Pita-Ten, etc. fans out there. Romi Paku's name carries a lot of clout at the moment with her work as Ed in Fullmetal Alchemist. Toru Furuya, mentioned just a couple days ago though he isn't officially announced, has enough clout amongst older fans. There are more than enough Gundam and Sailor Moon fans out there.

Those offhand are already pretty good names. In any other year, any of them could be a top billing guest. Just have to take a second and look more closely.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1