Forum - View topic
Catch Up feature

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Yup just got the email and it looks like the catch up feature is here. You can the last few episodes of a show you missed. So it's great for those who missed a few weeks and can't catch reruns.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:15 am Reply with quote
This'll help take the pressure off me to have to watch every show RIGHT when it airs. It'll be nice to have my Saturday nights free again. Smile

Hopefully they can get the feature to PS3 and 360 soon, as that's usually how I watch.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Hey N.A.M., perhaps you could answer a few questions for me.

I tried out the Catch Up feature on my 360 last night, and I found that the video and audio quality were rather suspect. Usually when I watch the 24/7 stream, the quality is quite nice. But with the Catch Up, the video was kinda fuzzy and crackly, and the audio was rather tinny. Granted the only show I've watch via Catch Up is NANA, which is an older show that was never released in HD to begin with, but compared to the quality of the stream, the Catch Up seems much lower. Even the commercials and promos weren't as nice.

Is it done this way intentionally, so that the licensors won't let you watch their episodes in full HD on demand? Or is it just an issue that you're still trying to get the bugs out of?

For what it's worth, I did watch an episode on my PC, and the quality there seemed a tiny bit better.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:51 am Reply with quote
Seems I answered my own question. I watched an episode of Accel World and Blue Exorcist back to back, and they were both in HD and looked GEE-OR-JUS.

I guess it really all depends on the show. But seriously. Fix the episodes of NANA, because they looked a bit pooey. Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1