• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
'Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?' OVA Slated for December 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:42 am Reply with quote
Our Goddess, Hestia, has blessed us with an early Christmas present. Let us show her our appreciation and buy the crap out of it for our loved one's.
Kalessin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:11 am Reply with quote
This is one series that ended up being better than I expected (the title makes it seem like the main character is likely to be an idiot, constantly hitting on girls, and fortunately, he's nothing of the sort). However, I have to say that it's also a series that loses a fair bit in anime form. They adapted 5 books in 13 episodes, which gives them about 2.5 episodes per book, when the number really should be more like 4. But the anime was still fun to watch, and it'll be nice to get more.

At the moment though, I'm eagerly awaiting the 6th book, which Yen Press is releasing later this month. And if the OVA covers the next book in the sequence, then it will be covering the 6th book. But then again, maybe it'll be new material, which in some ways would be better. LOL. This announcement gives a lot more information on the extras that will be coming with the OVA release than with the actual content.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:24 am Reply with quote
I wonder if this could push Sentai's release until mid to late 2017. I rather see the series released this year and a release of the OVA down the road.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:04 pm Reply with quote
There are a couple of short stories in the English release of the 4th novel which haven't been adapted yet, so I'm expecting the story to be one of them. My guess is that the OVA is probably going to do "Quest x Quest," which explores the concept of quests in the setting and the ecology of the Dungeon, ventures outside Orario for part of it, and delves more into the connection Hestia has with Miach and his Familia. It could much more readily take up a whole episode than the much shorter "A Campanella to the Goddess," which details the start of Hestia's Familia and how Hestia got her signature hair ties.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Wrangler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:40 pm Reply with quote
The OVA are nice, but i rather have full 12 episode season...
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:15 pm Reply with quote
That CR gets the stream rights for this OVA!
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:32 am Reply with quote
I see this OVA being nothing more than fanservice. Regardless of the show's surprisingly enjoyable aspects, this is usually what happens with OVAs.
Key

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:41 am Reply with quote
^
If it's an original story, quite probably. However, as I mentioned before, there is canon material which could be done in one episode, and neither of those stories would probably have any.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kalessin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
There are a couple of short stories in the English release of the 4th novel which haven't been adapted yet, so I'm expecting the story to be one of them. My guess is that the OVA is probably going to do "Quest x Quest," which explores the concept of quests in the setting and the ecology of the Dungeon, ventures outside Orario for part of it, and delves more into the connection Hestia has with Miach and his Familia. It could much more readily take up a whole episode than the much shorter "A Campanella to the Goddess," which details the start of Hestia's Familia and how Hestia got her signature hair ties.

It would definitely be nice to see Quest x Quest adapted. And it would help flesh out some characters that got short shrift in the anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1