• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Daily Cosplay - The Legend of Zelda's Dark Link

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:42 pm Reply with quote
"The outfit portrayed here is from the videogame Super Smash Bros. Melee, in which Link's tunic is available in several colors; the character traditionally"

I assume that's supposed to be followed by a "wears green."

Regarding the pic itself, the colors don't match the alternate outfit from Melee in some very notable ways (hair color, belt), which makes me wonder if that's really what he was trying to portray.
The American Average

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Anime cry
TwEeD

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Heh hadn't read the location yet but somehow immediately knew he was french which distracted me from the fact he tried to portray Link Very Happy Nice try but the saturation of color at his head draws too much the attention (completely ruins it from me, and no not the being "french" part, that's just friendly neighborly teasing Razz)
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:52 pm Reply with quote
That's definitely Dark Link. He may not have the red eyes (would've been awesome), but the white hair, black sword, and black gauntlets give it away.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:20 pm Reply with quote
You're right, it's definitely Dark Link he's trying to portray. Looks like he based his outfit on the Twilight Princess and Brawl versions of Dark Link (both have the gauntlet, though they are slightly different from each other and his outfit as well).

So in other words, ANN, you should update the article with the correct info when you get the chance, though it's anyone's guess as to which version of Dark Link (Twilight or Brawl) you should use as a reference pic.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1