Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Anime Licenses


Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bravejaf



Joined: 27 Jul 2003
Posts: 19
Location: Ohio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:46 pm Reply with quote
And Bandai joins ADV, Funi and Geneon in failing to meet my expectations. With so many great titles out there its sad to see companies licensing the average stuff. I'm sure Gundam fans will be happy about more Gundam. I will personally only be happy when every last Gundam product is released and I can stop hearing about the show.

I probably will check out .hack//Roots. Saw episode 1 and wasn't overly impressed but I still want to see it. I am a bigger fan of .hack world than I am of the Gundam world.

Joe Ferrone
KnB Anime - http://www.nakachu.net/​forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HitokiriShadow



Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 6142

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:58 pm Reply with quote
bravejaf wrote:
With so many great titles out there its sad to see companies licensing the average stuff. I'm sure Gundam fans will be happy about more Gundam. I will personally only be happy when every last Gundam product is released and I can stop hearing about the show.


Most Gundam fans feel the same way, but for different reasons. Bandai has been dragging their feet with the older titles. Those movies aren't much of a suprise, but I think most Gundam fans were hoping for something else since they are just condensed versions of a series that has already been released here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pepperidge



Joined: 13 Sep 2003
Posts: 1015
Location: British Columbia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, but the improved animation, despite clashing with the old stuff, may attract a wider audience to Zeta. They're really going to have to pull a lot of punches to make ZZ look like a desirable release...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
larinon
Collector ExtraordinaireCollector Extraordinaire


Joined: 27 Jul 2003
Posts: 992
Location: Midland, TX

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:26 pm Reply with quote
.hack//Roots is one I'm looking forward to on DVD, personally, having seen the first 13 episodes already. I don't think it's as good as Sign was, but good enough so far.

Reportedly Bandai is in negotiations (according to animeondvd) to get Mai Otome also, which I think would be a big score. Though you have to suppose it's only a matter of time, since they have Mai Hime already.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow



Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 6142

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
Yeah, but the improved animation, despite clashing with the old stuff, may attract a wider audience to Zeta. They're really going to have to pull a lot of punches to make ZZ look like a desirable release...


True, but its still just a condensed version of the TV series. And it was pretty likely that they would release it, so I doubt many people were suprised that they have been licensed. Now seeing an announcement for ZZ, V, X, or Turn-A, those may be causes for heart attacks or at least deafening screams of joy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bravejaf



Joined: 27 Jul 2003
Posts: 19
Location: Ohio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I would like to get Otome on DVD. I'm one of the few people I know who liked Otome better than Hime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Riyousha



Joined: 19 Mar 2006
Posts: 817

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Oh boy, a new .hack. Very Happy I wonder when .hack//ROOTS airs on TV.

You know, Bandai does a good job with toys, TV shows, games, etc. They are the greatest.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Josh7289



Joined: 27 Aug 2005
Posts: 1252
Location: New Jersey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:14 pm Reply with quote
I hope ROOTS is better than that (relative) crap Twilight Bracelet. I don't play any of the games, read any of the manga or novels or any of that -- I only watch the anime, but just SIGN made me love .hack.

From what others here are saying, it seems ROOTS isn't as good as SIGN, but is it at least better than Twilight Bracelet?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Hunter Sopko



Joined: 05 Mar 2003
Posts: 227

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:20 pm Reply with quote
It's better than Twilight Bracelet. You're missing out though, not going for the full .hack multimedia experience.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Mylene
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 07 Feb 2006
Posts: 2764
Location: Indiana

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
I hope ROOTS is better than that (relative) crap Twilight Bracelet. I don't play any of the games, read any of the manga or novels or any of that -- I only watch the anime, but just SIGN made me love .hack.

From what others here are saying, it seems ROOTS isn't as good as SIGN, but is it at least better than Twilight Bracelet?


I only previewed two episodes of ROOTS, because I was certain that it'd be licensed, but even those two, slow, intro episodes were better than Legend of the Twilight. ^_-

I do play the games, read the novels, the manga, etc, and I still think Legend was terrible. Although the manga version is a bit better thus far...

Anyway, very glad to see that ROOTS was quickly licensed, especially with the newest game coming in, what, October?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sabakyuu



Joined: 11 Nov 2004
Posts: 47
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:55 pm Reply with quote
larinon wrote:
.hack//Roots is one I'm looking forward to on DVD, personally, having seen the first 13 episodes already. I don't think it's as good as Sign was, but good enough so far.

Reportedly Bandai is in negotiations (according to animeondvd) to get Mai Otome also, which I think would be a big score. Though you have to suppose it's only a matter of time, since they have Mai Hime already.


Well I'm excited for Otome...but I'm just worried they'll practically ignore giving it publicity to focus on something as eureka 7 like their doing to hime...Either way I'll end up buying it since I do love this series.

And as for hack roots, I really thought hack sign was one of the worst things I watched, but I love roots so far.I just wish the music was done by yuki kajiura...but meh ali project is still good enough. I still thought legend was the best series out of all of them strangely enough..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime
Josh7289



Joined: 27 Aug 2005
Posts: 1252
Location: New Jersey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Sabakyuu wrote:
Well I'm excited for Otome...but I'm just worried they'll practically ignore giving it publicity to focus on something as eureka 7 like their doing to hime...Either way I'll end up buying it since I do love this series.

And as for hack roots, I really thought hack sign was one of the worst things I watched, but I love roots so far.I just wish the music was done by yuki kajiura...but meh ali project is still good enough. I still thought legend was the best series out of all of them strangely enough..


Wow, I've never seen anyone with an opinion like that. So you like all the .hack's oppositely? Interesting. Laughing

Anyway, I don't read the manga or novels for no particular reason, expect maybe because I never have enough money, but I don't play the games because I don't have a PS2. It doesn't look like .hack//FRAGMENT will be released over here, either, considering it is for both PS2 and PC, the latter of which I can play games on.

Anyway, the .hack anime are still interesting, and I hope ROOTS gets aired on [adult swim] like the others!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Seanb
ANN Reviewer


Joined: 12 Oct 2004
Posts: 73
Location: RI, but Colorado is still home

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:31 pm Reply with quote
larinon wrote:

Reportedly Bandai is in negotiations (according to animeondvd) to get Mai Otome also, which I think would be a big score. Though you have to suppose it's only a matter of time, since they have Mai Hime already.


That report isn't incorrect. Ken Iyadomi showed it as part of their trailer reel and said they were in negotiation for the title. But lots of companies are always in negotiation for lots of stuff. It could get snatched from them, who knows.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Deltakiral



Joined: 07 Oct 2004
Posts: 3338
Location: Glendora, CA (Avatar Hei from Darker than BLACK)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:58 pm Reply with quote
bravejaf wrote:
I probably will check out .hack//Roots. Saw episode 1 and wasn't overly impressed but I still want to see it.

I have seen up to episode 13 and from the end of that episode it does appear that things are finally going to be moving at a different speed of that of the earlier episodes. There was a lot of character development in this series, but it pays off.
BTW I had a chance to play the game today (AX) and I am ready for that to come out now.

Most of Bandai announcement aren't really "shocking" more or less it just seem like it was eventually going to happen.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral


Last edited by Deltakiral on Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime My Manga
scrapps



Joined: 16 Mar 2006
Posts: 43

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:55 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Now seeing an announcement for ZZ, V, X, or Turn-A, those may be causes for heart attacks or at least deafening screams of joy.


I would LOVE for a license of Turn-A. I understand why a lot of gundam fans don't like it, but the story is wonderful and IMO would bring new people into gundam.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group