• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Anime Licenses

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugen1style

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:22 pm Reply with quote
I am glad to hear that the three Zeta movies will be dubed. This is about a 7 though, now if they were to announce licenses for ZZ ,X and Turn A that would be a 10 imo. Turn A was an excelent show ,the story has a much different feel to it than the rest of the franchise. The character depth, plot and the pace in Turn A seems much better than in some of the others. But unfortunatly it looks like it will be many years if ever befor we see any of the three previously mentioned shows in R1 format. I know that I have heard some where that these shows will get licensed sooner or later but I have my doubts after all they skiped over them so they could give us the horrid Seed and Seed destiny and now some Seed ash tray which in my opinion is where the Seed franchise belongs in my ash tray Rolling Eyes
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:38 pm Reply with quote
mugen1style wrote:
I am glad to hear that the three Zeta movies will be dubed. This is about a 7 though, now if they were to announce licenses for ZZ ,X and Turn A that would be a 10 imo. Turn A was an excelent show ,the story has a much different feel to it than the rest of the franchise.
Hasn't Bandai said that they do plan on licensing all Gundam Series it just a matter of time? At least I remember hearing that at one point, as for ZZ meh that series is bizarre. X was ok, at least the first couple of episodes I saw at least.

I really want to see mustache (Turn a) Gundam a lot, there have been lot of lots of good things about that series, I wonder when Bandai plans on letting us know when these will be licensed.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:09 pm Reply with quote
They've said they plan to release all the Gundam series eventually, but they've never given the slightest indication how long that may be. It could be a few years, it could be 40. The "We'll release them all eventually" thing was probably just to reduce the frequency of questions regarding their licensing at cons.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:15 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
The "We'll release them all eventually" thing was probably just to reduce the frequency of questions regarding their licensing at cons.
And that I think about it..........that is a really good point. As long as Bandai does say that it gets the fanboy off their back about asking that. I wonder which of those series Bandai does plan on releasing then........
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3