• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Some portuguese entries are have wrong company broadcaster

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sailornyanko

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:32 pm Reply with quote
The Animax channel for Latin-america is shown in all Latin-american countries that speak spanish and portuguese which includes Brazil as well.

However, as the current ANN database doesn't allow duplicate companies, someone smartly decided to put aside another company entry for Brazil: Animax (Brasil).

A lot of the anime entries that are shown on this channel have a correct division for the spanish and portuguese versions. However, there are a few anime series where Animax Latin America is incorrectly listed in the Portuguese dub:

#1266 Demon Lord Dante
#914 Saikano
#1821 Asobotto Senki Goku
#4744 Baby Baachan
#1968 Barom One
#5088 Blood+ (TV)
#3560 Burst Angel (TV)
#1283 Cosmowarrior Zero (TV)
#75 Detective Loki (TV)
#2545 Di Gi Charat Nyo (TV)
#398 Excel Saga (TV)
#2142 Galaxy Angel A (TV)
#1346 Galaxy Angel Z (TV)
#245 Gate Keepers (TV)
#910 Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (TV)
#854 Gun Frontier (TV)
#1820 Heat Guy J (TV)
#3741 Kyo Kara Maoh! (TV)
#3082 Mujin Wakusei Survive (TV)
#407 Noir (TV)
#3127 Samurai 7 (TV)
#2166 Shinseikiden Mars (TV)
#1019 Super Milk-chan (TV)
#840 The Twelve Kingdoms (TV)
#4874 Trinity Blood (TV)
#913 Witch Hunter Robin (TV)

I'd also like to point at duplicate company: Animax Latino America listed for the anime:
#914 Saikano
The company name is supposed to be Animax Latin America.

There is anoter incorrect duplicate company for Animax in portuguese: Animax Brazil
It should be Animax (Brasil). I'd put it that way to respect the way it was done with Cartoon Network #4713 --Cartoon Network L.A. (Brasil) -- which is also accepted as the official name for the portuguese version of this tv station.

-----
Other inconsistencies:
1- In #2545 Di Gi Charat Nyo (TV), they are listing Aniamx Latin America as the dubbing studio in spanish of this series. Estudios Lain is a dubbing studio, not a.. I really don't know what the heck they were trying to put here.
They also screwed up listing the channel as "Channel" instead of "Broascaster".
2- In #616 Dragon Ball GT (TV), someone was really smoking crack on this one. They claim Animax Latin America is the Broadcaster in spanish of this series. I think they intended to point it was shown on Cartoon Network L.A., but this is phoney information. This anime was shown in Mexico via: Televisa Canal 5 and Unicable which are correctly listed. Notice they didn't mention it wasn't listed in the portuguese dub. Yeesh, some data bloopers are just too dumb to believe it.

--

There's a couple anime where the Portuguese dub has no Bradcasting company, I'll just add Animax (Brasil) here to start fixing the bloopers on that part.
woelfie
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:23 am Reply with quote
sailornyanko wrote:
A lot of the anime entries that are shown on this channel have a correct division for the spanish and portuguese versions. However, there are a few anime series where Animax Latin America is incorrectly listed in the Portuguese dub:

Indeed, that user didn't notice the difference between the two companies. Theoretically, you should use the error report function for each anime, but for such a long list, I hope one of the ANN staff members will pick it up (although I doubt that it will be fixed soon, given the amount of work they have with other tasks, so be patient).

sailornyanko wrote:
I'd also like to point at duplicate company: Animax Latino America listed for the anime: #914 Saikano
The company name is supposed to be Animax Latin America.

Thanks for noticing. You might have seen the sticky treat on duplicate companies. This one is new, as "Animax Latino America" was probaly not yet there when we compiled the duplicate companies in May (I can't imagine I missed it). With your permission, I included it in the complete duplicate list.

sailornyanko wrote:
There is anoter incorrect duplicate company for Animax in portuguese: Animax Brazil
It should be Animax (Brasil)

Thank you. We had this one already.

sailornyanko wrote:
1- In #2545 Di Gi Charat Nyo (TV), they are listing Aniamx Latin America as the dubbing studio in spanish of this series. Estudios Lain is a dubbing studio, not a.. I really don't know what the heck they were trying to put here.
They also screwed up listing the channel as "Channel" instead of "Broascaster".

If you made some inputs, you've seen that you first have to push the button "verify information" and after that mark the checkbox that the info is correct. This user clearly neglected the basic rule of verifying his entries before submitting it. I'm trying to collect the duplicate tasks in ANN, and this one absolutely comes on the list.
The best solution is to enter the correct information ("Broadcaster : Animax Latin America (Venezuela); Dubbing : Estudios Lain") and report the wrong entries as errors with the button on the bottom of the page.

sailornyanko wrote:
They claim Animax Latin America is the Broadcaster in spanish of this series. I think they intended to point it was shown on Cartoon Network L.A.

The best solution here too is to use the "Report an error on this page" button at the bottom.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
sailornyanko

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:32 am Reply with quote
Wow, that was fast.

I took the liberty to put some coherency in the Portuguese entries by placing Animax Latin America (Brasil) in all of the series this channel has shown or has officially announced.

There are rumors that they might show Gankukotsu, Heat Guy J and a few others, but I'd rather wait a few months for the channel or at least the dubbing actors to announce the information formally in a spanish forum.

If you want, I could add the Estudios Lain Dubbing Studio entry so that the info doesn't get lost if the incoherent entry dissapears.

Yeah, I really don't know where the Dragon Ball GT entry came from. As far as I know, Cartoon Network Latin America is a mirror channel in spanish and portuguese. Whatever we're seeing in Mexico is the same thing they are showing in Brazil just in a different language and some schedule differences. As far as I know, they have only shown DBZ, a few of the Dragon Ball movies and they recently premiered the original DB. I don't remember seeing them show DBGT.

I'd also like to get into the buisness of the duplicates of Cartoon Network for Brazil and Latin America along with the dead Locomotion channel which also has the problem where some of the portuguese entries are using the spanish dub name of the company.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1