• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NANA Nearly Tops Oricon

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:07 am Reply with quote
What I want to know is if the episode on the disc is the "original" episode 1, or the "revised" episode 1. (Or rather, episode 6)
Mylene

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:55 am Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
What I want to know is if the episode on the disc is the "original" episode 1, or the "revised" episode 1. (Or rather, episode 6)

Good question. I assume it would be the normal episode 1, but perhaps I do not think like someone who would be putting together anime DVDs for the Japanese population. As it is, I should personally know the answer in about a week, as I've already ordered my copy (or I'll hear from someone else, I'm sure). With the price of just 707 yen, it was a bit hard to turn down. Plus, it's a cheap way for me to find out if anything I own has the capability of playing R2 DVDs before I start buying expensive stuff like Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon or Rose of Versailles. Cheap NANA merch + cheap testing material = must-buy in my case.
hrtrunks

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:18 am Reply with quote
And what's this "revised" episode? Is there any difference in animation quality or what?
Mylene

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:43 am Reply with quote
hrtrunks wrote:
And what's this "revised" episode? Is there any difference in animation quality or what?

Basically, episode one and episode six are almost exactly the same with just a few scenes either shortened or embellished. Both show the Nanas first meeting, and both are from Komatsu Nana's perspective, but there are a few differences between the two (although not too terribly much).
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:58 pm Reply with quote
I wish the chart had numbers so we could actually see how well it did.
Akukaze

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:

Episode 1/6 was revised because Yazawa Ai was unhappy with how episode 1 was done (I think she was even threatening to have the series pulled), so I'd immagine it would be "episode 6".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mylene

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Akukaze wrote:
Pepperidge wrote:

Episode 1/6 was revised because Yazawa Ai was unhappy with how episode 1 was done (I think she was even threatening to have the series pulled), so I'd immagine it would be "episode 6".

That's very interesting, and I hadn't heard about it. I didn't even see that many differences between the two, so it's hard to figure out what would have upset her so much. Either way, I'll be happy with my DVD--assuming I can get it to play.
Asuka

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:26 pm Reply with quote
The fact Nana's first volume has a promotional sale price sure didn't hurt. It's selling for 777 yen, iirc.
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
I wish the chart had numbers so we could actually see how well it did.

Alas, Oricon only posts the weekly CD sales numbers, which sort of relegates the rest of the lists to "things that didn't suck"...
Pwolf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:21 am Reply with quote
It's the original episode 1 and not episode 6 that is on the dvd. The dvd also contains the clean op and ed (for anyone that cares)

Pwolf
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
hrtrunks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:52 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Basically, episode one and episode six are almost exactly the same with just a few scenes either shortened or embellished. Both show the Nanas first meeting, and both are from Komatsu Nana's perspective, but there are a few differences between the two (although not too terribly much).
Oh, thanks...
Kiyomaro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:57 am Reply with quote
Will the rest of the vols. have low price releases?
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:09 am Reply with quote
Kiyomaro wrote:
Will the rest of the vols. have low price releases?

No, this is just a one-time special offer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1