• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: A New Kind of Space Suit

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
schizosmurf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:27 am Reply with quote
This story is so old. News usually deals with stuff that is NEW.
Zeiram

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:11 am Reply with quote
mm, its an update
Arakis
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:17 am Reply with quote
As a Gundam fan, this whole cosplay in space idea seems pretty neat.

However, as a friend of mine just pointed out, isn't the idea of Char in a space station orbiting the earth...somewhat dangerous?

Might want to find the nearest reinforced bunker, especially if you happen to be in Sydney or Tibet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Iritscen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:46 am Reply with quote
That's hilarious, Arakis. That didn't even occur to me: Just how much does this guy want to emulate Char?
Mugen1style

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Ah haha I did not think they would let him do it. I personally think its kind of cool ,on the other hand it paints a odd picture of anime fans especially considering this will get international attention. Many people around the world watch Nasa tv.
I will most definitely be watching mission coverage of this in early to mid sept on Nasa tv.

If your cable provider does not offer Nasa Tv you can follow the mission at-> http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.htm
through there web Tv site. Generally you need a broadband connection for this to be viable.

Last edited by Mugen1style on Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
"I'm kind of a nerd. I don't exercise," he said. But now, Enomoto said, "I'm getting in good shape."
Well at least he admits it. Because there will be no doubt once he blasts off.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:07 pm Reply with quote
they're actually letting him do it? Laughing
God Gundam

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:00 pm Reply with quote
mugen1style wrote:
If your cable provider does not offer Nasa Tv you can follow the mission at-> http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.htm
through there web Tv site. Generally you need a broadband connection for this to be viable.

Unless the launch is shown on every major news station across the world, just like how the July 4 launch and July 17 landing of the space shuttle Discovery was broadcast nationwide on every news station (except WB, they were wasting time interviewing Dr. Phil or something).
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Is this a hoax? I told this to my mom, and she said this is a load of made-up crap.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:16 pm Reply with quote
God Gundam wrote:
Unless the launch is shown on every major news station across the world, just like how the July 4 launch and July 17 landing of the space shuttle Discovery was broadcast nationwide on every news station (except WB, they were wasting time interviewing Dr. Phil or something).
Except he is going up in a Russian spacecraft. Remember the shuttle launch was the second time the shuttle went up since the Columbia failure. The U.S. media was so focussed on it because they were hoping for big explosions. You know the old adage, "no news is good news". The U.S. media most likely won't have much more than a 15 second news blirb for this launch, unless something bad happens.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mugen1style

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
God Gundam wrote:
Except he is going up in a Russian spacecraft. Remember the shuttle launch was the second time the shuttle went up since the Columbia failure. The U.S. media was so focussed on it because they were hoping for big explosions. You know the old adage, "no news is good news". The U.S. media most likely won't have much more than a 15 second news blirb for this launch, unless something bad happens.

That is exactly why I provided a place for people to find out more, and see it for them selves. Because as Dargonxtc pointed out there will be little coverage of this on the major networks out side of short clips of the launch and possibly some media events.
ACDragonMaster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Wolverine Princess wrote:
Is this a hoax? I told this to my mom, and she said this is a load of made-up crap.

Uh, no? It's a real news article. Rich Japanese fellow bought a trip to space, and is enough of a geek that he wants to cosplay. Not what you hear everyday, but it's not that odd, methinks.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:17 am Reply with quote
Wolverine Princess wrote:

Not to be rude, but how would your mom know? O.o
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1