• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Piece Romance Dawn 3DS RPG Heads to Americas

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asrialys

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:54 am Reply with quote
Wonder if they'll go to FUNimation for a voice-over, or if they'll leave it in Japanese. Or even find another studio to dub it. I would think having an English voice-over by FUNimation, who has gotten One Piece back on TV, would help sell the game. My interest would certainly be raised.

Then again, if Europe's game keeps the Japanese voices, then the Americas' may as well, especially with the holidays fast approaching.
Drac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:21 am Reply with quote
It really wasn't that good of a game but hopefully it sales well enough that Unlimited World Red will be considered as well.

I really did not see this one coming to the US but they were interviewed a while back and said they would look into releasing more One Piece games over here.
Apterous

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:35 am Reply with quote
The One Piece Wii game that was released in the US became rare / expensive fast. That is usually a sign to a game publisher that more games should be put out.

That said, I would like to know if it is getting a physical release or eShop only release (like Senran Kagura, Phoenix Wright V, Shantae). If eShop, I can probably wait since it will never get "rare" and I have too many games coming out this fall to add another RPG.

Here is a release of the original game: http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/924596-one-piece-romance-dawn/reviews/review-154037

TLDR; treat for fans and slightly interesting battle system but not innovative enough to draw non-fans.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:33 am Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:
Wonder if they'll go to FUNimation for a voice-over, or if they'll leave it in Japanese. Or even find another studio to dub it. I would think having an English voice-over by FUNimation, who has gotten One Piece back on TV, would help sell the game. My interest would certainly be raised.

Then again, if Europe's game keeps the Japanese voices, then the Americas' may as well, especially with the holidays fast approaching.

The Pirate Warriors games, which are much bigger budget and a bigger deal over all were released sub only, so I doubt a handheld title would get dub treatment.
labmember001

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:

I don't mind there being a dub option, but if it's dub only I'd pass on it and I bet a lot of people would. Even for games not based on anime I'm always disappointed when you can't hear the original language.

I doubt it will happen as the dub isn't close to the Marineford arc anyways.
X-Blader

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:33 pm Reply with quote
labmember001 wrote:

I don't mind there being a dub option, but if it's dub only I'd pass on it and I bet a lot of people would. Even for games not based on anime I'm always disappointed when you can't hear the original language.

I doubt it will happen as the dub isn't close to the Marineford arc anyways.

Yeah, but the dub isn't at Thiller Bark, but the Strong World dub is coming soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1