• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Identifying Manga.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I_AM_L

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Try looking on the copyright page. That's where FMA's original name was.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:48 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
神様だもの

In the words of Styx: "Domoarigato, Mr. Roboto!" Laughing
I_AM_L

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:50 pm Reply with quote
I saw a japanese magazine and started looking through it. I don't know what it's called, but it has Doraemon, Duel Masters, and Pokemon in it. I also saw a manga about Mario. It looked like a comedy, but I want to know what it's called, since I can't read Japanese.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:14 pm Reply with quote
I_AM_L wrote:
I saw a japanese magazine and started looking through it. I don't know what it's called, but it has Doraemon, Duel Masters, and Pokemon in it. I also saw a manga about Mario. It looked like a comedy, but I want to know what it's called, since I can't read Japanese.

That would be Coro Coro Comics, mainly for the grade school level kids.
yanya

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Ok... I've got one! I noticed this Manga when I was searching at the book store... but I can't remember it's name, and sorry to say I don't have much to go on.

From what I understand it seems to be a Romantic/Comedy thing... something about a girl, and I think the back of one of the later Volumes said something about her turning out to be a robot of some sort. After her purpose was served seeing if she could go back to a regular life.

I think that's right... (And there's the possibility that what I gave you is wrong... not on purpose though!)
... not much to go on, but it would be appreciated if anybody knows what it is.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:37 pm Reply with quote
yanya wrote:
From what I understand it seems to be a Romantic/Comedy thing... something about a girl, and I think the back of one of the later Volumes said something about her turning out to be a robot of some sort. After her purpose was served seeing if she could go back to a regular life.

Sounds very much like Mahoromatic.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
yanya

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:05 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
yanya wrote:

Sounds very much like Mahoromatic.
Hmmm... it does seem a bit like what I'm looking for. I'll have to look at it the next time I go to the book store (later today.). Thanks for the suggestion, even if it's not what I was looking for it still sounds great! Thanks. Very Happy
yanya

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:45 pm Reply with quote
After going to the book store and taking a look at Mahoromatic, though it looks very interesting... I don't think it's what I'm looking for. The big difference is that the girl in Mahoromatic knows she's a robot at the beginning... I'm pretty sure what I was looking at, she finds out in one of the later Volumes. Thank you very much though for your help. Very Happy

I'm thinking of going back to the book store tomorrow since I'm off, and just spending some time looking at all their Manga until I find out what it was.

Edit: Went to the book store earlier today, but had no luck on my own. Went online to GameFAQs and asked there, and was quickly told I may be thinking of Saikano. Looked on Viz's Website, and it looked like a match... went back to the book store, and sure enough it's a match! Very Happy

Last edited by yanya on Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zanthrax

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place!

Can anyone identify where this image is from??
i.e. what comic/film and/or the artist I am looking for more pics drawn in the same clean style.
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Despite a very strong Japanese look that piece seems more American to me in terms of aesthetics. Could be wrong, but in any case your better off giving some information on where you got the picture.
I_AM_L

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:27 am Reply with quote
What was the Mario manga in the Coro Coro magazine called?
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:35 am Reply with quote
I_AM_L wrote:
What was the Mario manga in the Coro Coro magazine called?

It was called Super Mario Kun. Currently it is not available for viewing in the encyclopedia.
devil_diclonius_D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Alrighty, I've searched all over the net and I cant find it, so I thought someone around here might know.

I'll let you know in advance, I honestly dont know what its about and I have no images of it or the name, but heres what I gathered from it when I read the back.

Its something like Trinity Blood, but not quite. A church like the vatican is sending out priests to various places, the reason I think was for some disease or some vampires/super humans. its only 3 volumes I think, and it has been licenesed, its also semi-old. (a few years, maybe 3 or so.) I can picture the cover of one of the volumes, it has the lead character (male), holding a girl in his arms while swinging/jumping off of something.

Thats about all I can remember. I saw this on half.com a few weeks ago, and its been driving me insane to remember! Help please!
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:30 am Reply with quote
It sounds like it could be Testarotho, but your description would be a bit off (no vampires what-so-ever) and its 4 volumes (released by CMX). If that is what you are looking for, be warned that the series got cancelled and the author was forced to more or less wrap things up in one or two chapters, so the ending barely qualifies as an ending doesn't resolve much at all.
devil_diclonius_D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:20 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
It sounds like it could be Testarotho, but your description would be a bit off (no vampires what-so-ever) and its 4 volumes (released by CMX). If that is what you are looking for, be warned that the series got cancelled and the author was forced to more or less wrap things up in one or two chapters, so the ending barely qualifies as an ending doesn't resolve much at all.

Ah, I looked it up and what do you know, its right! thank you very much! the ending does sound like it might stink, but as long as I get to read it eventually, im glad I found it. Again, thanks alot! it was driving me crazy =D.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 33