• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Identifying Manga.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhmcd2

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:14 am Reply with quote
Hello,
I'm pretty sure I posted this here before, but well I'm looking for it again. I am searching for an anime that appeared on (I am assuming, its been a while) anime network, the one that was on demand on comcast a while back. It was about a group of girls who somehow came across a giant robot that was considered some sort of god and was from some foriegn country. They used the robot to fight corruption though out the city to the dismay of the Japanese government and the US government, or which built their own robot to fight this one. I know this one was a few years ago, but I figured I'd give it a try.

Thanks in advance.
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:05 am Reply with quote
jhmcd2 wrote:
Hello,
I'm pretty sure I posted this here before, but well I'm looking for it again. I am searching for an anime that appeared on (I am assuming, its been a while) anime network, the one that was on demand on comcast a while back. It was about a group of girls who somehow came across a giant robot that was considered some sort of god and was from some foriegn country. They used the robot to fight corruption though out the city to the dismay of the Japanese government and the US government, or which built their own robot to fight this one. I know this one was a few years ago, but I figured I'd give it a try.

Thanks in advance.

Possibly Neo Ranga?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo_Ranga

RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:38 am Reply with quote
sounds like neo ranga to me

also sounds like an anime request not a manga one
jhmcd2

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:36 pm Reply with quote
hyojodoji wrote:
jhmcd2 wrote:
Hello,

Thanks in advance.

Possibly Neo Ranga?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo_Ranga

THAT'S IT!!! Thank you.
RoseAkuma

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Hi,
I read this manga some time ago and I can't seem to remember the name.It's a mystery/horror with murder and there is this boy that is highly Intelligent (I don't remember his name but they sometimes called him boy A) that murdered his family and his sister became a shinigami when she died. Later into the manga they find out that he didn't do it. There is this queen of shinigamis that cannot lie. Also shinigami in this story grant last requests to people who died with regrets.

Thank you!
the_wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Hi guys, here is an hard one.

When I was in Japan I saw this manga that was very popular. However there wasn't any sample so I have no idea what it is about.

Judging from the art it's a comedy slice of life, shonen and non ecchi.
The art itself looks like Yotsuba's, a little more SD and simple. The covers aren't very detailed and feels like they were drawn with crayons.

The covers all featured a young girl and boy doing random stuff. There is 5 volumes ( 6 at best ). On the volume 5 she is playing with a console controller.
The girl seems to be the trouble maker. She has long hair, black. The boy have this Shinji haircut we see a lot, brown hair too I think.
arcangel87

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:06 am Reply with quote
I'm look for the name of a manga my friend told me about. Where, beings know as medians ( I think that's the name) tore apart the body of one of their own for giving knowledge to humans, and spread the parts across the world.

People are looking for the parts to get there powers. Also apparently the is a blow up doll called smoking Steve that comes to life.

The main character has the power to control his bones. I think.
Faiga_Raisa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:32 am Reply with quote
RoseAkuma wrote:
Hi,
I read this manga some time ago and I can't seem to remember the name.It's a mystery/horror with murder and there is this boy that is highly Intelligent (I don't remember his name but they sometimes called him boy A) that murdered his family and his sister became a shinigami when she died. Later into the manga they find out that he didn't do it. There is this queen of shinigamis that cannot lie. Also shinigami in this story grant last requests to people who died with regrets.

Thank you!

Shinigami-sama ni Saigo no Onegai wo
Literally the first result when I googled "manga murderer shinigami sister".
Demigod777

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:52 am Reply with quote
This may be asking for a bit much but i'm in a total pinch with this one >.< I know about nothing about this manga Name, Where it is published... Or any of that stuff but i can explain the story, plot, since i am just trying to find it to re-read it, was really good. Bascily it starts off with a Boy and he is named the succesor to some big faimly/corp and the realtives don't really like that so they are out to get him.. But the thing is he has this "maid" that has been modified in some way to be really storng i believe her broom or whatever has a sword in there.. The Boy/Master is seen as to be really sadistic and all, and there are more people like that maid... If i remeber correctly the other ones like the maid names all have something to do with the seasons.. Like Winter, Fall, etc. I beileve they are called Beserkers or something along the lines of some type of awesome warrior type people that if you see you run... I know this is asking a bit much with this information but it's killing me >.< Please and thank you!

Edit: Also he seems to be totatly uncaring the Master/boy like doesn't give a crap about whats going on around him...
Faiga_Raisa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:05 am Reply with quote
Demigod777 wrote:
This may be asking for a bit much but i'm in a total pinch with this one >..< Please and thank you!

Edit: Also he seems to be totatly uncaring the Master/boy like doesn't give a crap about whats going on around him...

Kimi wa Boku no Toriko Nare
Literally the first result when I googled "manga maid bodyguard".
Demigod777

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:17 am Reply with quote
Faiga_Raisa wrote:
Demigod777 wrote:
This may be asking for a bit much but i'm in a total pinch with this one >..< Please and thank you!

Kimi wa Boku no Toriko Nare
Literally the first result when I googled "manga maid bodyguard".

Thanks so much i wasn't thinking a long simple terms thanks xD
lazielulu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:11 pm Reply with quote
There's this manga I read ages ago, I really loved it but I can't remember the name of it but I do remember some basics about it.
What I remember about it is:
There's a boy who reads poetry and finds an abandoned house where he reads by himself. He then meets a wolf that starts receiting the poems. The wolf was part of some experiment. He becomes close friends with the wolf. They go through a lot (can't remember) and in the end they die together and I think Tokyo becomes engulfed in plants of some kind. And I dunno if this is right but the wolf might have been called 21 or something. Not totally sure of that.
That's all I can remember if anyone can help me please!
Treetastic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:11 pm Reply with quote
lazielulu: Sounds like Inugami.
DajanP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:45 am Reply with quote
Ok! guys.
It's a survival manga where alot of people are trapped in some kind of game on their phone i think. The people trapped die if they reach 0 followers and if they lose a "game" their followers die.

Give me a name please
Faiga_Raisa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:50 am Reply with quote
DajanP wrote:
Ok! guys.
It's a survival manga where alot of people are trapped in some kind of game on their phone i think. The people trapped die if they reach 0 followers and if they lose a "game" their followers die.

Give me a name please

Googling "manga phone follower game" gives the manga as the second result: Real Account
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=106257
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 24 of 33