• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Identifying Manga.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geedi_inc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:41 pm Reply with quote
drawing style and comedy whys also the pace and drama is in the same level as Tokyo Ravens
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:45 am Reply with quote
I asked this back in 2013 and never actually got an answer

Trying to recall the name of a manga. Pretty sure it's unlicensed. I recall it involved a rampaging giant bear, a overly violent lead character, and a Japanese Michael Jackson(?). It was all a bit nutty. Sound familiar at all?

I thought the name was something like 'The World Ends with Me'

But it turns out I was just misremembering The World Ends with You video game title. But I think think its somewhat similar.

Ring any bells?
Jason Valerio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Help me find a manga pls...
(slice of life)
-It started in a House on top of a mountain
-a boy lives in that house (or the other way other >< I forgot)
-then he shares that house with a girl new tenant (forced to)
-it's kind of wooden and old.
-they are both studying in high school/college
-they are nuisance to each other
-but eventually he confessed on a stairs of stones/wood(I forgot) to the house on top of the mountain of his love.
-then in the end they end up with each other
-it's kind of an old manga I think I read it at mangareader..
Kaitou KID

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:04 am Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:

Trying to recall the name of a manga. Pretty sure it's unlicensed. I recall it involved a rampaging giant bear, a overly violent lead character, and a Japanese Michael Jackson(?). It was all a bit nutty. Sound familiar at all?

But it turns out I was just misremembering The World Ends with You video game title. But I think think its somewhat similar.

Ring any bells?

The World Is Mine.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Kaitou KID wrote:
Mr Adventure wrote:

Ring any bells?

The World Is Mine.

that's it! Thanks!
SpiralDiColori

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:04 pm Reply with quote
it about a boy photographer with urchin hair he previously had queue type hairstyle. there is a scene from the manga where he punch a farm buffalo. i don't remember what genre is in either. i just know it not yaoi. hope any of you can help
Ugnė Želvytė

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:19 pm Reply with quote
I remember reading this manga around 5-6 years ago when I was still in school but I never got to finish it. My school didn't have the entire series, so I am unsure if the manga had already finished publishing at the time. It's been killing me, recently, as I can't remember the title or any of the characters. I just remember the art and certain scenes.

The main girl would travel to these different worlds, or maybe spirit worlds I'm not entirely sure. And i'm pretty sure she was actually quite sick in the real world.
She had this cat (I think) that was either a sidekick or a friend that was actually a demon, if i remember right, that could turn into a man.
One of the volumes, if I'm not wrong, was when she traveled to this world via ocean or sea and said cat/demon summoned up this creature that they rode on the back of to the place they needed to go.

Whatever it was, it was a bit of horror and gothic themes mixed up.

It's been killing me lately bc I can't remember the title or even a character name!
Alex Vancea

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:39 am Reply with quote
i want to find a mang where caracters is using magic
the main caracter is using 2 kinds of magic the first magic is like a litle hamer and the second is like a leaf and the level thei magic and obtain diferent skills
i want to know the name of the manga because i forgot it and cant find it
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Alex Vancea--

Hello; and welcome to Anime News Network! Smile
I need to ask you three questions:
  1. How old are you?
  2. What part of the world do you live in?
  3. Is English your first spoken language?
Desertking22

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking for a manga, not sure the title but it's about a middle aged salaryman that one day instead of taking a train he goes down an alley I think and he ends up a teenager again reliving his past and old memories. If I recall correctly there's only one volume.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Desertking22 wrote:
I'm looking for a manga, not sure the title but it's about a middle aged salaryman that one day instead of taking a train he goes down an alley I think and he ends up a teenager again reliving his past and old memories. If I recall correctly there's only one volume.

I think it's Harukana Machi-E (A Distant Neighborhood in English). It has two volumes, at least in the original Japanese release.
Bleda Nacafi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:42 pm Reply with quote
There was a guy who had an eye fetish and he was searching for the "perfect girl" then he west to tokyo for it but his dorm was bürünse so he was staying at the girls dorm then he fells in love with a girl who has perfect eyes and at the end of the manga he hijacks England to Japan. Can somebody tells me this manga's name please?
Poororo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:01 am Reply with quote
Bleda Nacafi wrote:
There was a guy who had an eye fetish and he was searching for the "perfect girl" then he west to tokyo for it but his dorm was bürünse so he was staying at the girls dorm then he fells in love with a girl who has perfect eyes and at the end of the manga he hijacks England to Japan. Can somebody tells me this manga's name please?

It's Ai Kora(Love Collage)

Here's my query(its very vague, i only remember this scene, don't even remember if its anime or manga)
There's this girl(i think she was blonde and kinda like himegami from maken ki) that has very powerful magic(unsure), and i think she is one of many clones(but the others are powerless)and since she is powerful she tries to protect her clones(i remember the MC meeting with 3 of her clones,explains why "this girl" is the way she is, and sends the MC to help her,the 3 clones hid the MC when the guards where on the way, and there was this scene(panel i think) where one of the clone was raped by the guards)
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:22 am Reply with quote
That sounds like A Certain Scientific Railgun. It is available both as a manga and as an anime.
Poororo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:39 am Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
That sounds like A Certain Scientific Railgun. It is available both as a manga and as an anime.

Im sorry but it wasn't railgun, as i recently reread and rewatched it,
I think the girl is blond(like himegami from maken ki), and at the backstory the clones were raped by the guards there,, either im mixing 2 mangas into 1 or im remembering right, (it was teensy bit dark, unlike railgun). Thank you for the reply
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 26 of 33