• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Comic-Con: Pokemon New Voice Cast, Movie Update

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Also, Mystery Dungeon will see a DVD release and a run on Cartoon Network at an "undetermined date," and the next Pokemon movie will hit the US in 2007.

So two things that will survive a nuclear bomb, cockroaches and pokemon. Just kidding, I can't believe Pokemon is still doing well enough to where every series is being released. I can't believe that CN is going to pick up this Pokemon also it seems like every time I turn on CN pokemon is on........ Oh well what can you do?
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Riyousha

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Wow. That's a whole new pokemon out there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Malintex Terek

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:12 pm Reply with quote
I think this is a clear sign Nintendo is telling the (few remaining) fans from 1998 to "get the fudge away from our hard hitting franchise".

Booze us, use us, and dump us in the street. Gotta catch 'em all.
hamtaroboy2006

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:48 pm Reply with quote
This is actually very exciting for me. An all new special airing on CN, I can't wait to watch it. I'm also excited about the all new season airing in September, I read on Pokemonpalace.net that the people at Pokemon USA are trying to keep it as original as possible, even the original music. Could this mean original openings? kyaa! *pokemon fanboygasm*
jsyxx

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Seriously, I would take anything over more Pokemon. Renewing the Kid 'n Play cartoon for another season would be a better choice.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:11 am Reply with quote
Does Viz own movie 8?
Otakuboy T

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:19 am Reply with quote
Don't be hatin'

Pokemon is a good show. It's no LoGH, but it's still good, like candy.
Sailor Aerith

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:05 am Reply with quote
I think theres a mistake on this one. It says the new pokemon movie is coming here in 2007, but the pokemon movie they linked it to was the one about Deoxys. (Which has made its way here already) They're either referring to the one about Lucario or Manaphy... The one about Lucario has shown in Japan, but now the one about Manaphy.
God Gundam

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:19 am Reply with quote
Front Page wrote:
The Master of Mirage special has been redubbed with the new voices

Doesn't the Master of Mirage special already have the new voices? Kids' WB showed it on April 29.
Rosyna

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:16 am Reply with quote
It sounds like the Master of Mirage is being redubbed with the correct new voices. That the voices used in the original WB airing were not the voices actually going to be used since 4Kids is out of the picture.

It's obvious that fans did not like the new temp voices so Nintendo is attempting to pick voices much closer to the Japanese dub. As is my understanding.
God Gundam

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Rosyna wrote:
It sounds like the Master of Mirage is being redubbed with the correct new voices. That the voices used in the original WB airing were not the voices actually going to be used since 4Kids is out of the picture.

It's obvious that fans did not like the new temp voices so Nintendo is attempting to pick voices much closer to the Japanese dub. As is my understanding.

Closer to the Japanese dub? They should get voices that match the 4Kids dub (the only good dub 4Kids has ever done), seeing as how the majority of viewers in the US have never seen Pokemon in Japanese and don't know what the voices sound like.

Then again, that may be what they're doing, seeing as how you provided no proof of Nintendo getting voices matching the Japanese cast and are only speculating.
Ashi-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
From Toon Zone: SDCC - Pokemon 2006 News

The identity of the new Pokemon voice team has been revealed at Pokemon USA's 10th anniversary panel at San Diego Comic-Con, which also included information on the upcoming new episodes and specials that will be hitting US television this fall.

The new voices include Billy Rogers, who will be voicing Brock (KO Beast), and Sara Natachame, who will be voicing Ash in her first dub. The VAs did not perform their voices at the panel (as is studio policy), although clips of the new voices were played during the panel. The intent of the new dubs is to make the show closer to the original - the new voices are closer to the originals, and Pokemon USA is working to keep the Japanese music.

Master of Mirage has been redubbed with the new voices, and five episodes of the series have already been recorded. The plan is to record one new episode every week, for a total of 52 episodes. The next movie will hit the US sometime next year.

Cartoon Network will be running the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon special at an undetermined date. The special will also be released on DVD - Pokemon.com will have more information on the special as it gets closer to release.

If Pokemon USA keeps good on their word, then I hope definitely they keep the original op/endings. As for the new voices sounding close to their Japanese counterparts, I think in any other situation I'd be more happy, but here I feel somewhat ambiguous. I like the characters' voices a lot in both the Japanese and English dubs, so yeay for Pokemon USA for finding better VAs than the ones in the Mirage special, but boo that they shafted the original cast. Eh, but we'll see. *shrugs shoulders*
Rosyna

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:26 pm Reply with quote
God Gundam wrote:
Then again, that may be what they're doing, seeing as how you provided no proof of Nintendo getting voices matching the Japanese cast and are only speculating.

No proof? What? I only know as much as you do, the original post on Toonzone (which Ashi-chan emphasized) said that's why they chose these voices...
Yashouzoid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Hey, wasn't everyone whining about how Pokemon USA is so ebil and how they ruined the Pokemon dub, just a couple of months ago? You know, to the point where a certain admin wrote an editorial about how much the dub sucked and how everyone was screwed over, without any comprehension of the situation?

Um, yeah. Served.

This is probably the best thing to ever happen to the series. Pokemon USA actually appears to give a crap about the fans, and is working to improve the dub of the series, even re-dubbing material they already released with correct voices. Man if movie 8 is bilingual or even just widescreen, that'll be the icing on the cake.
coldspider

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:08 pm Reply with quote
No,with Pokemon USA redubbing the Mirage special they basically acknowledged that the Mirage dub sucked.

Either to appease the fans,or they also thought the dub wasn't that great.Or both.

And they're still using new voice actors.But from the looks of things it looks like the VAs will base their performances on the original japanese version.Which is a good thing IMO,they should've never tried to be soundalikes from the original dub.This is a much better approach.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2