• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[split] Mai

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:21 pm Reply with quote
person#18823

The Mai (舞) from Yu-Gi-Oh is a retired male guitarist.

The Mai (麻衣) from Bayonetta is, apparently, Joe Hisaishi's daughter.

At least one of the cast credits is まい of Office Osawa

I'm not going to even attempt to do the split myself right now as I have a splitting headache and can imagine it going terribly wrong.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Guitarist: person#124485
Singer (Hisaishi's daughter): person#124486

Shiroi Hane wrote:
At least one of the cast credits is まい of Office Osawa

A big problem is that none of the six existing voice acting credits is traceable. The profile page on Office Osawa only has one confirmed role: Zega AI of Zegapain (sigh).

There's also a small but difficult-to-fix problem: the lower case first letter M, as the entry was first created as an alias of director Yoshitomo Yonetani. To make things more complicated, Yonetani's alias was written as 「※-mai-」. As the system cannot allow an asterisk acting as the first letter of a name, the all-lowercase "mai" stayed and cannot be changed (shrug).

Hope you get well soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for that.

I helped my sister move today so the headache is back in full force, and I'm tired and aching to boot. Wretched insomnia is still in full force so here I am at 3:30 am...

My Hellsing DVDs are nigh useless since they have English credits, and I have no idea who "Kim" is or what episode she was in. I still haven't seen or own the end of Texhnolyze.

Oh hey, Kim is in the second episode. Geneon's credits just say "Mai".
Now I know I originally saw Hellsing fansubbed (and didn't they have fun trying to transcribe the opening...). Keeping all that stuff for future reference was a fine goal, but in practice finding anything in a cupboard full of cakeboxes is difficult.
Actually, it was long enough ago that we're still talking CD-Rs in individual paper sleeves which are much easier to look through. Good grief, remember Soldats?
Doesn't actually make things much clearer since it's in romaji as "MAI".

However, since Office Osawa does give her name as MAI with the hiragana only included in parenthesis, it is most likely the same person and that means both the newest and oldest credits are verified.

And yes, I do tend to ramble - especially after co-codamol. My teachers were also very strict about including your workings out with the answer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1