Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fullmetal Theater List [2006-07-25]


Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
biliano



Joined: 24 Jan 2005
Posts: 956
Location: Cleveland, OH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:57 pm Reply with quote
So I see that no Ohio cities are anywhere on the list. That doesn't surprise me. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RezSav



Joined: 06 Jun 2004
Posts: 542

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Two threads to one topic, must be big! I did see three Minnesota showings, that did surprise me. Still, just don't have the money to drive that far, wish I did.

Last edited by RezSav on Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hikaru393



Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Posts: 525
Location: champlin MN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:20 pm Reply with quote
they took the list down to add more theaters i can't wait to go see it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Armageddon



Joined: 10 Apr 2005
Posts: 30
Location: Montreal, Canada

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:31 pm Reply with quote
I saw the Canadian premiere at Montreal's Fantasia this year (which screened last Saturday, July 22nd). The movie was really great, however the English subtitles still needed some work. Couple of funny mistakes were often with the names such as "Envy" written as "Enpi", and Ross suddenly written as "RS". These examples are just a few of the (funny) mistakes.

What also didn't help is the fact that the movie takes place some time after the anime tv series ends, and the latest DVD release was volume 10 (out of 13 I think). So it sorta spoils what happens to the brothers at the end of the series, or better, leaving you clueless in many parts of the movie. Overall it was really a good watch, I recommend it to any FMA or anime fan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
bravejaf



Joined: 27 Jul 2003
Posts: 19
Location: Ohio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:51 pm Reply with quote
biliano wrote:
So I see that no Ohio cities are anywhere on the list. That doesn't surprise me. Rolling Eyes


Yeah there is hardly ever any showings in Ohio Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mugen1style



Joined: 26 Aug 2005
Posts: 245
Location: MN.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Not to be a stick in the mud but you should have just used the original thread

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26354
edit
It looks as though the discuss button on the front page is not working right Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
hikaru393



Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Posts: 525
Location: champlin MN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Armageddon wrote:
I saw the Canadian premiere at Montreal's Fantasia this year (which screened last Saturday, July 22nd). The movie was really great, however the English subtitles still needed some work. Couple of funny mistakes were often with the names such as "Envy" written as "Enpi", and Ross suddenly written as "RS". These examples are just a few of the (funny) mistakes.

What also didn't help is the fact that the movie takes place some time after the anime tv series ends, and the latest DVD release was volume 10 (out of 13 I think). So it sorta spoils what happens to the brothers at the end of the series, or better, leaving you clueless in many parts of the movie. Overall it was really a good watch, I recommend it to any FMA or anime fan.
sounds like bootleg sub's sometimes and the one there showing in theaters is the english dub so at least we don't have to hae thoes sub's
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aresef



Joined: 22 Jun 2005
Posts: 190
Location: MD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:56 am Reply with quote
hikaru393 wrote:
they took the list down to add more theaters i can't wait to go see it.


Ah, so that's what's up. I was wondering if maybe ANN jumped the gun.

(Were any Maryland cities on the list, out of curiosity? I mean, I doubt it, but it's worth asking.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
mkg12



Joined: 14 Aug 2005
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:36 am Reply with quote
Well that's nice that they are all in the middle of nowhere. None in California.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bennyb



Joined: 06 Jun 2006
Posts: 477

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:09 am Reply with quote
There were no NY CA or many other major area dates. Hopefully new list has em... C'MON UPSTATE NY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FMAFan16



Joined: 23 Jun 2006
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:43 am Reply with quote
They took down the list for theaters they had before.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
uncutpokemon



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 74

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:17 am Reply with quote
this is good cause FUNimation deserves to have a theater releace none the less for Fullmetal Alchimest Laughing good job FUNi keep up the good work
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rihan



Joined: 12 Jun 2004
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:29 am Reply with quote
RezSav wrote:
Two threads to one topic, must be big! I did see three Minnesota showings, that did surprise me. Still, just don't have the money to drive that far, wish I did.


Did you happen to see where the showings were?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
hikaru393



Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Posts: 525
Location: champlin MN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:19 am Reply with quote
Rihan wrote:
RezSav wrote:
Two threads to one topic, must be big! I did see three Minnesota showings, that did surprise me. Still, just don't have the money to drive that far, wish I did.


Did you happen to see where the showings were?
you mean the showing in MN or just the whole lsit before it got taken down?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AirCooledMan_2006



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 594
Location: Delaware, U.S.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:22 am Reply with quote
They better have at least ONE theater in Delaware playing it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group