• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Golden Time (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:35 pm Reply with quote
You gotta love college anime, we get to see all these cute outfits.
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:02 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Drunk club is the best]. Easily the highlight.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2, this episode had a much more consistent tone spoiler[even the over the top tea club kidnapping gag felt in line with the rest of the show, I also found the joke where Koko tries to recollect Banri's (family) name (Tada is the answer for anyone that forgot) and she responded with "Kaga" as one of the answers (if I have to explain the joke, then I guess it wasn't that funny)]
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2
LOL, I want to join the spoiler[tea club].
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:55 am Reply with quote
Yes, those tea club gals rawk. I honestly don't get anime males. "Oh noes, I've been kidnapped by cute drunk girls who like to party - help!" Oi.

Anyway, I liked this episode more than the thoroughly mediocre first one. It's easier to imagine watching through to the end than it was before.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:03 am Reply with quote
Well they got the drunken college scene right. But are they trying to make me feel sympathy now for Ms Stalker after the first episode? Eh, I don't know. I guess I'll stick around another episode or two to see if they can actually convince me to feel that, because I'm not feeling it now.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:06 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

So the tea club is filled with guys with low self respect. Would I join it? Probably yes, but I don't drink. Looks like our main character will join that type of club that does nothing in particular, stereotypical anime thing.

And so before the main girl can change she has to be brought down, starting with being isolated and feeling alone. I get the strong feeling that the one senpai who keeps saving him already spoiler[knows him, but he has amnesia about her].

The episode did have a much more balanced tone compared to the first.
Clarste

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:00 am Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
Well they got the drunken college scene right. But are they trying to make me feel sympathy now for Ms Stalker after the first episode? Eh, I don't know. I guess I'll stick around another episode or two to see if they can actually convince me to feel that, because I'm not feeling it now.

They presented both sides of the argument. Tada chooses to sympathize with her, but they emphasize that this is just his personal choice. And even when it comes to her apparent loneliness (which he actually suspects is an act anyway) he just tells her that she could solve that by starting conversations on her own.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Clarste wrote:
They presented both sides of the argument. Tada chooses to sympathize with her, but they emphasize that this is just his personal choice. And even when it comes to her apparent loneliness (which he actually suspects is an act anyway) he just tells her that she could solve that by starting conversations on her own.
And yet they took pains to tell us that she is spoiler[soo pretty and high class that it makes her unapproachable by most people. The poor thing she's isolated because of her status]. Yeah, not feeling sorry for her yet. They also had her spoiler[showing off all those pictures showing she has spent her entire life only with Mitsuo her childhood friend to let us know that all her stalking is coming out of her fear of being alone since she's only had one real friend ever]. How sad, but not to worry our hero will help her break her dependency on one dude. Now if I'm not reading it wrong and this is what they are going for...I may not be too impressed. Now if she transferred her obsession with one guy to the other that might be good for some laughs.

I'm still willing to stick around a few more episodes, because its early and there's a lot of different ways this could all play out. Maybe it is all an act and she's a lot more devious. If that was the case then that too would be interesting, but the show hasn't yet given me the impression that it has the dramatic balls to go that route. Maybe it will and that's why I'll give it a few more episodes to see if it is anything else then what's on the surface.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:31 pm Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
Maybe it will and that's why I'll give it a few more episodes to see if it is anything else then what's on the surface.

We should start a betting pool as to which episode shows her sneaking in through the back door to Boil the Bunny.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Yes, those tea club gals rawk. I honestly don't get anime males. "Oh noes, I've been kidnapped by cute drunk girls who like to party - help!" Oi.

I didn't see any benefit to that. looked like all the guys in that club are errand boys. doesn't seem like much fun
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:41 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Blood- wrote:

I didn't see any benefit to that. looked like all the guys in that club are errand boys. doesn't seem like much fun

It is because most anime guys don't know about sex. That is the only logical explanation.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:23 pm Reply with quote
I keep waiting for this show to overturn my initial disgust with abusive stalker girl and the guy who thinks it's okay because she's cute, but it sure is taking its time.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Lol, I can't keep a straight face on whenever Koko makes a sparkling eyes face especially around the middle part of episode 2.

At this rate though, I think maybe Koko and Banri will be more than just friends. Episode 2 started out weird though. That place they went to seemed like a spoiler[cult. I know if I was there, I wouldn't have much fun either listening to those lectures or watching those weird movies.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:53 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

And so that spoiler[club turned out to be a cult], the sort of thing that would be a great story for later in life.

So I thought the episode presented itself nicely with Kouko really does not know what to do, she knows what she has is troubling Mitsuo, but she can't think of a purpose without him. Banri being on her side will probably be able to show she is on her side and allow her to think that there is other choices. It was plenty ok to not sympathise with her before because she spoiler[was trying to take advantage of Banri], but is not evil, just human.

Banri called the girl Barbara at the end, and since this it kind of reminded me of a Barbara from a J.C. Staff anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 22