• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Outbreak Company (TV).

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:53 am Reply with quote

Outbreak Company
Genres: fantasy

Episode 1
Odd start so far although I think I can get used to it. Lol, poor Shinichi though in the beginning there...

Hmm, the OP song is okay I guess. The premise might feel a bit strange to get used to though. "Moe missionary". I'll still stick with this series to see how it develops though. Mm, I can't stop but notice the spoiler[excitement of Shinichi when he saw Petrarca though.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:16 pm Reply with quote
I've heard that this will move towards spoiler[satire of government] in general, so I'm holding on for now in hopes of that. In any case, the first episode had some charm and I was glad that it stayed relatively low on the fanservice scale (though I'm sure others would have liked it otherwise).
Bango

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:15 pm Reply with quote
I laughed quite a bit during this one. I'm really liking the main character and the girls are cute so it's winning my praise in that department. The story is pretty amusing and there's some subtitles of deeper things if they choose to go there.

Man, we can't even preach moe to other geek fanbases so preaching it to an alien world would be pretty tough business for sure.

Also that castle is beautiful.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:03 pm Reply with quote
This is an interesting set up, the show properly explains why we have an "everydude otaku" in this situation and circumstantially it doesn't feel far fetched so we can bask in the situation.
I found it very charming how the social disconnect between the serf girl half elf maid was treated as an equal from the Japanese otaku boy.
Wooga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:45 am Reply with quote
They have puffin eyes.

It's an interesting premise to be sure. Razz

The castle craved from a mountain was awesome. Also, I think the main character was actually kind of cute.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:33 am Reply with quote
At first glance I was about to drop it.
Halfway through it started to look more promising.
If I put all the fan service aside, it's still good.
Think I'm gonna watch it just to see how weird it'll get.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:57 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

At first there was just Yu-sibu that had really hooked me.... but watching this straight after I got number 2, the second show that got me. You see moe and fantasy is what I need. Is there a way I can hook this up to a drip-feed to sustain me.

Characters: A elf eared maid who is timid in a moe way. A short haired military girl who has glasses to give her the smart look. A loli princess with a napoleon complex, gets physical and has ornaments that look like horns.
Can I say that I was as happy about these characters as the MC, which is probably why I will associate with him. I find him much better than say Kon from Ixion Saga, actually this entire show seems to be what I would have rather had than Ixion Saga, like the difference of the princess.

Reference time: starting off almost straight away with a spoiler[Nanoha] pillow is going to instantly make me happy, the other looked like spoiler[Touhou]. "E-YAN Movie" may be spoiler[K-ON], not to mention movies of spoiler[Fate and Gundam]. Figures of spoiler[Evangelion, Black Rock Shooter, Vocaloid, Yotsuba-to], and others I can not say with certainty. He thought he might be a spoiler[teenage mutant ninja turtle] (actually a little strange for anime). And his favourite anime being "spoiler[Rental Madoka]" seems to be a play on spoiler[Rental Magica and Madoka Magica]. I did not miss the Precure mousepad, I just thought it was not important to point out, also his line about ceilings also being from spoiler[Evangelion].

It is my type of anime.

Looking at her foreign lines. "Retsram, legnif ruoi shima ehte supu." translates to "Put the - your finger, Master.". You can figure it out by putting the words backwards and make corrections for Japanese phonetic alphabet. At least it makes sense in that sentence. Still not sure what "shima" translates too.
Wooga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:40 pm Reply with quote
I have to agree, the Ninja Turtles reference was unexpected, but I liked it. Laughing
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:46 pm Reply with quote
"I freaking love little girls." What a way to end the episode. Since I was planning on watching 20+ anime this season, this one was on my add/drop list. The first episode was good enough to not warrant a drop. The morning wood scene was definitely something I wouldn't expect to see in an anime like this.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:08 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
The morning wood scene was definitely something I wouldn't expect to see in an anime like this.

Is it just me or did he lose it faster than he should have? Especially considering she started undressing him. PLOT HOLES (don't worry though, all plot holes can be filled by little girls).
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Is it just me or did he lose it faster than he should have?

It looked more like he was adjusting his clothes to hide it, which adds onto the follow up to WHY he is so embarrassed to be undressed after he took a few seconds to hide it in the first place.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Rhyono wrote:
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
The morning wood scene was definitely something I wouldn't expect to see in an anime like this.

Is it just me or did he lose it faster than he should have? Especially considering she started undressing him. PLOT HOLES (don't worry though, all plot holes can be filled by little girls).

Yeah I was thinking "Wow this guy is sure calm for a dude about to be exposed with a morning wood by a cute maid"

FenixFiesta wrote:
Quote:
Is it just me or did he lose it faster than he should have?

It looked more like he was adjusting his clothes to hide it, which adds onto the follow up to WHY he is so embarrassed to be undressed after he took a few seconds to hide it in the first place.

Maybe.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:29 am Reply with quote
Delightful. It seems obvious to compare this show with Yu-sibu since they both have wacky fantasy-based premises. Definitely like this one more: humour is better and it appears they have a bigger budget for better production values. This show would have to crap the futon pretty majorly for me to drop it.

Loved how Maid-chan pre-emptively started stuffing tissue up MC's nose as he was salivating over Soldier-chan's bigguns...clearly some knowledge of anime has already spread to the other world.
Bango

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:29 am Reply with quote
Regarding those pillows at the start when I saw other pillow I instantly thought "floofy hat, purple hair with a star on it instead of a moon? Patchy merged with Meiling? HOT!" until a friend of mine said "I thought the hair looked blue. ... so, Remillia and Meiling? HOT!" LOL

As for the morning wood, shock can make it go away really quick. Though checking out the maid's curves wouldn't be a good practice if you didn't want to risk it coming back. I did get a laugh out of how he covered his chest all sheepishly after she undid his shirt.
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:35 am Reply with quote
This was sort of a last minute addition, and now, I'm regretting almost not watching this. I really enjoy the lead and his sheer enthusiasm towards the deliberate anime cliches. This one's a keeper.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 12