• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Linking to official sites in news articles

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
consignia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:00 am Reply with quote
Just a small suggestion to a minor issue that I have with some articles is that there is no link (or it's not obvious, as it's non-descript link in the article body) to the official website to the subject. It's usually not much of a problem with anime or manga, since you can jump to the encyclopaedia page, which should have a link on the entry. However, with games in particular for me I sometime delve back a few news articles and still not find a link. Finding these sites via google can be a bit of pain when I don't have the ability to change the text entry language on a particular computer. It would be a nice addition to put at the bottom of articles a link to the official website.

Like I said it's only a minor issue, but if you are so compelled to implement such a system I would certainly find it of some use.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Can you give me an example of an article that contained no such link, and the link you would have liked to have seen on that article?
consignia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:34 am Reply with quote
Certainly, the recent article on Super Heroine Chronicle here: animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-11-12/super-heroine-chronicle-crossover-rpg-ad-streamed

Ideally linking to the official site here:
http://shc.channel.or.jp/
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:58 am Reply with quote
Discussing it with the news team.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1