• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Strike the Blood (TV).

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:55 am Reply with quote

Strike the Blood

Genres: action, fantasy, romance
Themes: school

Plot Summary:
Quote:
The fourth true ancestor" is a legendarily strong vampire that shouldn't exist. Accompanied by the 12 "gun-beasts," this phantom vampire is said to have appeared in Japan. In order to find and kill this "fourth true ancestor," the government and the Lion King Organization order the dispatch of attack mages called "sword-maidens." For some reason an apprentice named Yukina Himeragi was chosen for the task. Wielding the strongest spiritual spear, Yukina comes to the special demon district Itokami City. There she encounters Kojou Akatsuki and learns the true nature of the "fourth true ancestor.

Episode 1
I found the first episode to be alright. There's more humor than I had thought and even a little fan service. Yukina seems to be kinda a mysterious girl although I also find her cute in a way with those blushes :3

Action was okay I guess. I did expect a little more though. However, what I'm more curious is about is some of scenes near the end though. It sure didn't look pretty to me so I hope more light gets shed on it soon!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
A Mystery

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:34 pm Reply with quote
I kind of liked the first episode, though I found the pantsu gag rather tasteless. Some nice action and the story seems fun.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Decent first episode, I want to know what happens next.
Bango

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm in for the time being. The characters are surprisingly rational and I appreciate that. I also really like the art. Also the episode was pretty packed and felt like a lot happened.

I really kind of feel for Akatsuki. I once said that if I had supreme destructive power I would just want to play games and eat chips but the government would likely send people after me and not leave me alone and I'd eventually just say screw it and destroy the world. I feel ya, Akatsuki. Stay strong of heart, man.

Also did anyone else snicker when imagining the Lion King Organization? Because I totally pictured some dude in a suit standing on a cliff and holding up Yukina for all to see and bow down to.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:28 pm Reply with quote
I like the look of it as well. Also I've been developing a preference for middle school heroines~
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:18 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
I like the look of it as well. Also I've been developing a preference for middle school heroines~

I feel the same way. Too much high school in anime. This episode felt like Touma and Misaka teaming up, we got a strong high school guy with homework troubles and an elite middle schooler.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:26 am Reply with quote
I've also been a fan of younger girls crushing on older guys ever since I watched Cardcaptors when I was 12.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:56 am Reply with quote
Hmm...I wasn't that impressed....but we'll see where it goes. The darker scenes were intriguing, at least.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:02 am Reply with quote
This one looks promising.
As long as they don't mess it up with too much fun service.
So far it's interesting enough.
Wonder how their weird relationship will develop further.
I'll be watching this one.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:47 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

FINALY! Something I can sink my teeth into. I was not grabbed straight away although I did like the distortion effects at the beginning, I was not even grabbed by the mention of vampires. I liked the animation and designs as it seems pretty solid without any complaints. But it was when it suddenly went into action with an interesting looking magic and multiple monsters that I am now hooked.

This looks like a good fantasy story in a modern setting, when I saw that there would be more than just vampires and the explanation half way through I was happy for tem to be in there. I even like the idea of romance being between a high schooler and middle schooler, it might just shake it up a bit, and it is not really wrong. I like her eyes, and with a bit of work he may be interesting enough. I was kind of reminded of Itsuka Tenma, but so far this is much more superior. Please don't turn into cliché harem.
Bango

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:39 am Reply with quote
I was actually wondering if it was some 3D thing at first. LOL.

Regarding vampire stuff I love how in western media you hear
"It's a story about a vampire."
"Ooooh. That's so far out there."

And for anime we're like
"It's a story about a vampire."
"... and?"

Kind of shows the extreme level of fiction we've grown so used to.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:10 am Reply with quote
Man, those were some pretty fancy pantsu - I wonder if she's part Scottish?

I sniggered at the idea of a vampire sating his desire for the sticky red stuff by drinking his own boner-driven nosebleed. Nice work, Japan!

Anyhoo, seems like pretty solid stuff at first glance.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Ugh! Can we please get a series where the main couple isn't painfully obvious from the very beginning!? That really pisses me off. Other than that, the story is pretty good, I guess. From the ED sequence, it looks like we're gonna get a few more school girls that fight monsters; I'm on bored with that. It was good enough to keep me watching.

But if he turns out to be one of those guys who always goes "Hmm? Did you say something?" I'll freaking lose it!
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Treeborn wrote:
Ugh! Can we please get a series where the main couple isn't painfully obvious from the very beginning!? That really pisses me off.

Go watch Nagi no Asukara. It has a love pentagon.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Treeborn wrote:
Ugh! Can we please get a series where the main couple isn't painfully obvious from the very beginning!?

Unfortunately that's just the nature of the beast. Fiction Law #456: The main hero and main heroine must become romantically involved. The titles that avoid this are the select elite.

I can live with that for the most part, but it really becomes an issue when an author bends over backwards to ensure that such an ending is reached, even if over the course of the work the guy developes better chemestry with one of the other girls. This is usually done via some sort of ass pull *coughtoradoracoughoreimocough*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 14