• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Strike the Blood (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Kojou is his given name. It's a tad strange she calls him that, especially since they seem to be on pretty good terms, but it's not that out of the ordinary.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Oh. Both his names sound like possible given or family names and the way Crunchyroll deals with name placement is inconsistent, so I wasn't sure which was which. Thanks for clarifying.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:56 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Kojou sure has a lot of girls trailing behind him.
It was bound to drag along some trouble sooner or later.
This is slowly starting to look like a harem..
While they were busy dealing with their trivial stuff, real problems came along.
Guess it was time for Kojou to get serious and play the hero.
Second part of the episode was pretty exciting.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7...

At this rate, I think maybe even Sayaka will...come to like Akatsuki. The latest episode seemed to have set a few things up so I'll assume the next episode will wrap up this arc. I wonder spoiler[who took control of Nagisa there for a moment though.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7

This was a rather exciting episode, even if there was not much in terms of actual fighting. Seeing Nagisa fspoiler[reaking out like that was rather surprising], and finding out a bit of her character was good.

And I stand by the opinion last time that the guy was not a true harem member, thus it was not a harem at that time. Although soon there may be a harem. Maybe we can move forward.

My guess is that next episode will have him spoiler[drinking yuri girl's blood so that he can control another familiar].
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:11 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Wow, this episode was messy and quite weak. First of all, looks like another girl is gonna fall for Kojou, because obviously the show has to meet the mandatory quota of at least one tsundere love interest (and she even doubles as the lesbo; fantastic). The school had no-one in it when the soldiers came, Asagi got to keep her cellphone (the f*ck?), Asagi is apparently the only person on the entire planet who can decipher the instructions, and the terrorist dude spilled way more info to prisoners than was necessary. Seriously, don't force someone to activate an ancient weapon by telling them that once it's activated it's gonna destroy her entire city and kill everyone she loves. While Vatler's motivation of relieving boredom is okay it is a bit abrupt, especially the whole secret alliance with the terrorist which was over before we even knew of it. And what was that machine at the end? Isn't the Nalakuvera supposed to be still inactive?]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:22 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
spoiler[And what was that machine at the end? Isn't the Nalakuvera supposed to be still inactive?]

They were able to spoiler[activate it thanks to what she solved. He then activated it and explained what had happened/happening, so that she would agree to quickly decipher the other instructions so it can be put under control].
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:25 am Reply with quote
^
The subtitles were vague, but I'll admit that is a reasonable interpretation.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:49 am Reply with quote
I thought the subs were pretty clear about it. spoiler[They were able to activate it, but then they're all "Hey girl you better decypher the rest of the tablets so we can control the thing or else it'll just rampage and destroy everything. You don't want that, do you?"]

And why are people being all surprised more girls are getting the hots for him? You all should really know better by now.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:52 am Reply with quote
^
I'm not surprised, just disappointed.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:15 am Reply with quote
He is a teenage vampire who is constantly fighting against his desire to drink blood of girls. If current pop culture says anything, all gals tweens to middle aged should after his sparkly mug.

I am somewhat interested in a point that Bakemonogatari made that attraction from girls may be caused by the vampiric nature itself. But still, so far it is a friend in his life for a while, and the new girl who he will obviously be with. Number 3 is not viable yet.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:19 am Reply with quote
I know people don't like such things in general, but when you have a protagonist that's a good guy isn't it natural that he catch the eye of so many girls? Or is that just a lie I keep telling myself?

At the very least Kojou isn't some spineless wimp of a protag so I think he's far better than a lot of harem leads. It's not hard to figure out what the girls see in him.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
I know people don't like such things in general, but when you have a protagonist that's a good guy isn't it natural that he catch the eye of so many girls? Or is that just a lie I keep telling myself?

At the very least Kojou isn't some spineless wimp of a protag so I think he's far better than a lot of harem leads. It's not hard to figure out what the girls see in him.

Yup it usually works like that in real life too.
1. Be attractive.
2. Don't be unattractive.

Kojou is a good looking guy and then you got the fact he is a vampire, which usually have that opposite gender attraction magnet so it makes a lot of sense. It is only an issue when average guys like the Love Hina lead somehow gets the attention of attractive girls.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:02 pm Reply with quote
I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a battle harem, especially since we know the girls are combat capable.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:37 pm Reply with quote
I do wonder if Sayaka will fall for him soon too since she seems to still have a big affection for Yukina. Also some reason, the situation reminds me a little of Tokyo Raven's spoiler[Kyouko's crush on Natsume.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 6 of 14