• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Strike the Blood (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm also a bit curious what role that woman in the beginning of episode 9 will play later on in this new arc. For one thing, spoiler[Kanon] sure is a mysterious girl.

Oh and that misunderstanding was face palm worthy lol. I mean, it was a spoiler[kitty]!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:16 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

At least they did not have any alternative spoiler[words for cats used], although I am not sure that is an actual thing in Japanese. Is the series really ecchi though? A bit of word play and a little underwear seems to be as much as it gets.

You could say that he is an idiot for not realizing all the advances like spoiler[calls from an androphobic girl and a girl saying that she will stick with him]. But he does seem to be spoiler[considering that a kiss might be signs.] Well I laughed when she revealed that she was spying on him and her.

So how much foreshadowing did we need to know that the white haired girl spoiler[has some sort of holey connection like angels]?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:22 am Reply with quote
well that's different, Satomi Arai in a villainous role.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10
Oh boy, let the drama begin between spoiler[Sayaka and Asagi]. Obviously, both girls has a thing for Akatsuki.

I'm curious about this spoiler[Kanon girl though..since the arc seems to focus on her quite a bit. One other thing we did learn this episode is Yukina's fear of flight. ;.;
]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:09 pm Reply with quote
I would have liked an explanation for what these Possession Mask things are. They talked about them like they're common knowledge, even Kojou who is usually the one unfamiliar with terms.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:05 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

With them spoiler[trapped on an island] my favourite parts were when he tried to spoiler[use the familiar to catch food], and Himeragi was using her spoiler[spear to chop up various coconut dishes]. Him comforting her too was nice.

And never has an angel looked so majestic since spoiler[Bayonetta].
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:37 pm Reply with quote
I didn't really pay much attention before, but Natsuki has some seriously gorgeous blue eyes
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:20 pm Reply with quote
although his observation about spoiler[getting sick] is actually pretty apt.spoiler[ If all you eat and drink is coconut meat and milk... you would probaby get a tremendous case of the runs.]
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:37 pm Reply with quote
While the subject of eyes is still fresh--did anyone else,notice how,luminous Asagi's eyes get when she is hacking/programming? After Sayaka's small comment, it has me wondering if those shining red eyes are the result of some power, or if it is just there to put emphasis on how hard she is concentrating
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:54 pm Reply with quote
I had considered that, but it might just be the glow of the monitor reflecting in her eyes.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:26 pm Reply with quote
I hope that's the case. With pretty much all the girls having some kind of supernatural ability, it would be nice for there to be at least one normal human who trumps by using her mind instead of her gorgeous body
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11:

Hmm, interesting episode I guess. A spoiler[new character, or rather princess makes her debut with some origins related to Kanase. Why do I have a weird feeling she might come to like Akatsuki soon too?? As for Akatsuki, poor him...]

I also feel sorry for spoiler[Kanase as well being treated like an experiment to be pushed towards her limits.] Next episode might be the finale of this arc so hoping they will solve this conflict.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

Why are we supposed to be worried about him? In a previous episode he recovered from having his head removed, just remove his control art restrictions he should be fine. But her worried is worth something too.

La Folia seems alright, although her being so fond of him so quickly seems a little odd, there is probably a story there. Also, I don't feel like Foli-rin sounds very Japanese. Chances are she spoiler[is going to give a blood donation.]

Anyone else notice Kensei's necklace? I wonder if he has a pack of duelling cards.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:06 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Why are we supposed to be worried about him? In a previous episode he recovered from having his head removed, just remove his control art restrictions he should be fine. But her worried is worth something too.

It's possible attacks with a divine attribute could be fatal for him.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:23 am Reply with quote
more likely it's reeeeally stuck in a formula.
ep.1 introductions
ep.2 show off the bad guys for a little bit, maybe get in a little fight, maybe get captured
ep.3 bad guys look unstoppable- spout off lines like "it's no use!", Akatsuki gets beat up.
ep.4 suck blood, gather harem member, surprise bad guys with "That's impossible!" comeback.

Rinse and repeat

hopefully they can break the cycle a little more than they have in these first three arcs...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 8 of 14