• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
I couldn't become a hero, so I reluctantly decided to get a job. (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:57 am Reply with quote
Uh...haven't they all been breather episodes so far (okay, the spoiler[tentacle/"magic arms"] thing was fairly intense, I guess, but...)?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Uh...haven't they all been breather episodes so far (okay, the spoiler[tentacle/"magic arms"] thing was fairly intense, I guess, but...)?

hey man, retail sales is rough, and training Phino must be harder than clearing a dungeon. Raul deserved that well earned break.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:52 pm Reply with quote
I dunno ... trying to avoid awkward conversation with Little Miss "Spank My Arse, I Don't Mind" kinda made it seem like he wished Fino was still around.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I dunno ... trying to avoid awkward conversation with Little Miss "Spank My Arse, I Don't Mind" kinda made it seem like he wished Fino was still around.

he should have grabbed that ass
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:15 pm Reply with quote
I know, right??? Geez, anime males never know how to act properly in those kind of situations.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:00 pm Reply with quote
ep.5

spoiler[another day on magical best buy store yet where the customers give 2nd manager wonder to do give fino suggest put swamp & man-eating plants for store even that no customer even old red shirt doing lawson store to "grab" lam?!

2nd manager had idea to have fino do model outfit to get customer til female manager reveal it's cause due to rival stores probs so call in everyone for eat meet to do about rival shop.

even fino suggest do a evil god sacrifce for magical best buy but safe option have raul & fino spy on rival store while not in golem outfit so go into spy rival store give same time airi is doing bunny girl work on rival store.

give place so crowded & etc fino want get free meet & oh lawson girls visit the place give lam kick the "gongs" of the rival store worker due full name mention while on magical best buy the upper management appear to do something cause soon place might close.

raul & fino seeing place give "hmm" then help old lady get to air con area give wonder lack of customer's helping & checking few of their items.

& observe their concert well raul & fino meet bunny girl airi. ]

& if this keep up really why this series keep remind i'm watching chuck minus whole spy stuff/intersect on it.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5 is my favorite so far from this series. For some reason, I got a lot of laughs because of Fino. Oh I'm sure she will find out what the term 'spoiler[girlfriend]' means someday, sooner or later.

And hello cliffhanger.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:07 am Reply with quote
I love it every time manager spoiler[goes, "clap clap clap."]

And for the record, I think the spoiler[poison swamp] was an AWESOME idea.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:21 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

She spoiler[poisoned] the old perv. Laughing She was not happy with the spoiler[swamp being filled in]. And the plan they were considering to take was spoiler[making a shrine to a god of evil].

I think my favourite part has to be where she decided to spoiler[use some weird looking "super-rare golem armour", claiming that it looked cool and that she found it at the dump]. Laughing So much win, especially with her voice.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:01 pm Reply with quote
and only know do I realize, while they are making a cameo appearance, that the ending is sung by Sphere.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:59 pm Reply with quote
ep.6

spoiler[raul & fino see airi in bunny suit give going like doing "security" but raul can tell it's a lie cause give airi wanna be a hero but can't find work so end-up working on job store & well give some reasons go let raul & fino go around check whole store.

meanwhile rest of magical best buy crew give go place where build magical items give used monsters as workers & feel that not right.

raul & fino give go around whole rival store & defend airi from bad customer til rival store management appear cause they know who raul & his work place saying we're gonna put you out of biz well raul you want store battle it's on!!!

so then raul & fino in "battle suits" going promote magical best buy give bit being outmatched by rival store promote then old lady raul & fino help ask for air con give raul show in then help in store for magic energy cause they do magic energy for free.

so raul & fino went mini-shop to fix magic energy give cause magic slime feed on magic but got pop by fino due to her magic is too much then raul got call that trouble is going on? ]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

They found out suppliers of their rival store supplier is spoiler[using monsters until the point they die, and they still don't know how to get more customers]? You see the sort of thing in real life where the big stores can do things that are not morally correct, and it is usually the case of bringing the story to media outlets and telling people the smaller one can be more trusted, and spoiler[keep people employed]. Of course we usually still go for the lowest priced, but PR is still important.

My guess is that Amada are spoiler[unknowingly bringing more monsters into town] and may cause trouble. It might go into economics area.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:46 am Reply with quote
^
Poetic justice would be to buy the newfangled camera from the evil store, then sneak into the factory and use said camera to record the work practices inside. The same technology that is making the store rich would be used to hurt them, and the photos would come out extra crisp and clear so that they look good on the nightly news. Very karmic. Most consumers probably wouldn't care but some undoubtedly would, and the evil store would at least get embarrassed.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:45 pm Reply with quote
must suck to be the guy who goes around spoiler[collecting the dead monsters] on the production line
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:52 pm Reply with quote
@getchman
I don't know if it survived the last round of budget cuts, but the local municipality has or had a job where the guy drove around everyday picking up road kill. Everything from dead deer to dead skunks. It must be something like that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6