• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Log Horizon (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:27 pm Reply with quote
I have to imagine it's pretty rare for a female idol to use 'boku'. That's a pretty big giveaway for Tetra.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
You also haven't been living with him for a month and a half, though, remember. They got back for New Years'. It's now Valentines Day.

Perhaps, but what would they be picking up on? He uses the men's restroom? Wink

Quote:
I have to imagine it's pretty rare for a female idol to use 'boku'. That's a pretty big giveaway for Tetra.

Does he? I hadn't noticed that, although there are a solid number of anime females that use boku, when they are a sort of rowdy tomboy type (but still fully female).
Shikiari

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:22 am Reply with quote
Episode 14

Kanami <3. Loved that episode, one of the best of this season in my opinion. Kanami is such a likeable character and strangely reminds me of Haruhi. Actually, I thought all the characters in this episode were highly likable, especially Leonardo with his Ninja frog get up. I'd be quite happy to watch a spin off starring Kanami and her gang.

Suddenly the whole Plant Hywaden situation has grown in stature and has turned pretty epic. The premise for the rest of the season has grown incredibly with the possibility of a spoiler[war brewing between them and the Round Table. With Kanami also possibly joining the situation], I can't wait to see what happens.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:27 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 14

spoiler[Cowabunga]! Hey, the spoiler[TMNT] are cool.

So the more interesting parts of the episode is further information on how things are changing. Coppelia is pretty much spoiler[a gold farmer or something, it is why she simply keeps asking if people want to be healed, but it does look like she has been gaining sentience], which is kind of cool. Elias is a spoiler[main character to the game lore], and Leonardo is spoiler[pretty clearly someone who really likes the Ninja turtles]. And it seemed that the villains in the episode spoiler[were glitches, messed up data that had them as mixed creatures].

Also noticed in the episode, the big villain of the series..... wears glasses.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Seeing Elias' design, this is all I could think of.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:
Suddenly the whole Plant Hywaden situation has grown in stature and has turned pretty epic. The premise for the rest of the season has grown incredibly with the possibility of a spoiler[war brewing between them and the Round Table. With Kanami also possibly joining the situation], I can't wait to see what happens.

I think there's a very high likelihood that the "crazed Royal Guard" scenario in Akhibara was caused deliberately as a way of bringing down their protection field, which now makes it feasible to invade them. So, who would benefit from that outcome? Hmm...
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 14:

Well, I thought that was an interesting episode considering it focused on spoiler[Kanami and her crew. Honestly, I think the members in this episode are quite diverse ranging from ninja boy to that bot. Yes, bots are present in MMORPG. I've used to play a MMORPG awhile ago and they had bots (as result from gold farming) so it's nothing new.]

spoiler[As for the latter half of the episode, it looks like a war is brewing so I expect some action soon.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
xyz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:05 pm Reply with quote
So desu ka. Tifa Lockheart dumped Cloudo and started this new game but got trapped in China sava and met up with Chun Li. Omoshiroi.

Next ep looks boring as hell. It's about the kids. Yaddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:19 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 15:

That was a fun episode. spoiler[It's always nice to see Rudy again. He's one of my favorites and him being part of Team Touya along with the others makes it even more fun to watch. The song sung in this episode was cute too imo and although there wasn't much action, the character interactions made it up.]

Good way to give these kids some spoiler[spotlight at mid-season point now.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
epiphanis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:52 am Reply with quote
The noobs are important to the show; they permit exposition of things the veterans would already know about and bring more of the sensawonder that is at the show's core. I continue to like how they reference Tohya's real-world paralysis without ever specifically mentioning it. I can't quite nail down Isuzu's unease yet; is she just insecure about the quality of her music, or is there something more?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
spoiler[The song sung in this episode was cute too imo and although there wasn't much action, the character interactions made it up.]

Did it sound familiar to you? I ran right to Youtube after it started.

And yes, Rudy is great. Just parts of his personality would be annoying, but he can really make scenes. Oh my god when he spoiler[lost his brush, or suddenly decided that a truck would be a carriage worthy of his style]. Also kind of nice change for characters like Isuzu for taking centre stage. Was she getting spoiler[angry at Rudy out of embarrassment of being praised]?

The preview... I saw the signs before and I was really looking forward to it, there is an spoiler[alternate character gender bent Shiroe, who is apparently a vampire]! Looking forward to next week.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:51 pm Reply with quote
I'm really excited for spoiler[Roe2 showing up] next week. The storyline reminds me a bit of (marked for spoiler in case it triggers a spoiler connection for others) spoiler[Kingdom Hearts].
Shikiari

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:02 am Reply with quote
Episode 15

I'll be honest. I thought thatspoiler[ sending the lower levels away on the quest was the perfect way of getting rid of them for when Plant Hwyaden turns up; Level 90's+ against level 45's isn't really a contest.]

Actually the episode was a kind of nice, action free, fun little interaction between the "minor" LH members. Isuzu spoiler[singing Yun*chi's "Your Song"] was a nice touch to those who watched Season One... One to look out for on the second Soundtrack. Rudy is as amazing as usual, shame he's had so little screen time so far.

I'm very excited about next week. Seeing spoiler[Shiroe's alternate character; Roe2 is going to make things very interesting for the minors.] I wonder if that's why Shiroe sent them there in the first place?
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:
I wonder if that's why Shiroe sent them there in the first place?

I don't think he knows, actually. The wikia implies that it's a spoiler[Kingdom Hearts]-kinda thing, where spoiler[Roe2 appeared on the Yamato server when Shiroe died during the raid].
Shikiari

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Shikiari wrote:
I wonder if that's why Shiroe sent them there in the first place?

I don't think he knows, actually. The wikia implies that it's a spoiler[Kingdom Hearts]-kinda thing, where spoiler[Roe2 appeared on the Yamato server when Shiroe died during the raid].

I'm just speculating as I don't read the wiki in fear of having it spoilt for me. I'd like to think that Shiroe is far more cunning than we give him credit for and thus has set this opportunity up for them.

My theory would be that spoiler[Shiroe knows Roe2 exists due to his Friends List. Most people add their alts as friends to make it easier to send items/ money to them in MMORPG's, thus he would see her as online and in that region.] Honestly I don't think that's going to happen but i'd be pretty darn surprised if it turned out true.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 43 of 47