• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Wanna be the Strongest in the World! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarthKoopa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:45 am Reply with quote
Man those censors... I hope someone picks this up soon cause I really would want to rewatch it (hopefully dubbed) uncensored.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:06 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Blood- wrote:
Training sequences were fairly bonerific.

We can always count on you in times like these to get to the high level essence.

Exactly so. My hard-won reputation as a discerning intellectual and refined aesthete precedes me.

Anyhoo, really looking forward to some lengthy and close-up schoolgirl pins in the near future!
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:45 am Reply with quote
ep.3

spoiler[

sakura well been on losing streak going 0-10 to point it even reach 0-45 with fanbase down to one person with wrestling fans tell her to go away give all lost were either boston crab type holds even tried reach touch rope they keep pulling her back.

give after another lost go watch ringside berserk's ace misaki in her title defense match give was in a NO DQ match cue using of wooden sword, outside help, a metal object block, & even 5 way submission hold on misaki yet she not giving up.

give misaki all determine give clothesline, berserk's roster help in & suplex finish slam retain her title got sakura bit want give another try.

but still losing now 0-50 yet point crowd throw empty cans on sakura while her sweet diva group as doing well give got sakura if she quit now got no where to go.

so next day was trying plan to place a withdraw paper til misaki appear ask sakura to spar give notice something yet sakura go do the spar.

but it now spar turned into real give moves sakura do well misaki counter make it more ow to sakura to even doing a surfboard hold with double foot on back, scissors hold-slam, & of course sakura's worst fear the boston crab!!!

give all of sakura once again said give up but misaki telling there no giving up cause we got a whole night of spar to do.]

(to be continued)
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:43 am Reply with quote
Episode 1 was painful. Episode 2 was slightly less so. But THIS! I just wanna kill something. If the pointless rack and snatch shots weren't bad enough, this one sets up one of the most godawful attempts at a moral I've seen, Western or Oriental. They're clearly treating Sakura as a coward for not being able to win a match, but she's fully justified. I always get told that if you don't like whatever you're doing, you shouldn't force yourself to do it. But this not only recommends it, it glorifies it! The creators are lucky this is meant for horny virgins and not kids, or else this would give me a reason to lose all respect for the country.

I swear, from these three alone, the potential is rock-bottom. Still, the first few episodes of Girls und Panzer weren't as well-written or amazing as the rest of the series, so it's possible for this to improve, though it's doubtful. Oh well, at least I have Soul Eater and Detective Conan to ease the pain.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
KLAC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:55 am Reply with quote
it call endurance besides give 3eps in besides there just only scratch there way in besides give it few some eps more to prove itself.

give consider way how japan style wrestling is different than u.s. wrestling you do realize this is different sets of wrestling than wwe or tna are doing?

overall i'm still watching til the end & wait for it's dub version cause it's got potential to be dub.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:59 pm Reply with quote
This show is getting annoying. Not because of the ryona aspect, but it's just not that titillating or exciting.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3 really sucked shit. This is where the difference between Japanese and Western story-telling really becomes painful for me as a Westerner. In my culture, you don't go an entire episode without throwing your protagonist at least a small bone. Otherwise what happens is what happens here: you leave the episode completely pissed off without having received even the tiniest bit of catharsis.

What's the point of stacking the game against your heroine so profoundly that you actually make your viewers not like her? It's retarded. But yes, that's the Japanese way - drive a point home beyond all effing sanity.

So she goes 50 straight losses and nobody in the club tries to intervene? Come on, that's just bullshit. Surely to God we will see some development next week except of course with Japanese writers you just never friggin' know.

Jerks.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:16 pm Reply with quote
KLAC wrote:

overall i'm still watching til the end & wait for it's dub version cause it's got potential to be dub.

what could could you possibly gain from this being dubbed other than erotic/painful moans in English?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, and the show doesn't even the have common courtesy to slip in a few wardrobe malfunctions during all of those horrible losses, it's just that tired and annoying wailing sound coming from her pie hole. As an ecchi series, I'd say the staff is incompetent. Just gotta hold out till January for that sweet sweet Maken-ki 2.
MarthKoopa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:45 pm Reply with quote
My hopes for this series are being crushed with every boston crab that she can't get out of.

Does this wrestling group have a "learn it all yourself" policy or what? Seriously.

But I'll keep watching because I can't leave things unfinished.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Lol it's funny how the MC said my thoughts exactly in episode 3.

"No More Boston Crabs!"
KLAC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:27 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
KLAC wrote:

what could could you possibly gain from this being dubbed other than erotic/painful moans in English?

look if been like 0-50 wrestling record yet still counter or endurance the boston crab hold it's either fight it off your both physical & mental with you cause really those female japanese wrestler work really hard on their career so you fight it now!!!

besides yet have you even got boston crab in your life?

cause really sakura still need more learn hard work style of female japan wrestling.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:00 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
So she goes 50 straight losses and nobody in the club tries to intervene? Come on, that's just bullshit. Surely to God we will see some development next week except of course with Japanese writers you just never friggin' know.

Jerks.

I have to agree -- what bugs me most is during a 50-loss streak we don't get one second of anyone coaching her on what to do different! After losing so many times the exact same way she can't figure out they've hung her out to dry? What is she, stupid?

So here's the only hope for light at the end of the tunnel. It looks like the champ has taken a hand to teach her something. I just hope it is something more interesting than "put more effort into it" or "don't give up." It is just amazing that someone hasn't bothered to teach her how to break that submission hold before now.

As for that one fan boy who turns out to be the last one rooting for her. He deserves to get laid -- by Sakura herself -- for his loyalty.

Of course when she starts winning we will see tons of fans return to see how far she will go. In the real world the script would be something like that.
KLAC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:49 am Reply with quote
ep.4

spoiler[sakura still stuck on misaki's boston crab give camera pic female is watching this quietly yet sakura stuck & pain feel coming give misaki come try reach the rope.

give calling out sakura's lack of upper strength give sakura now starting to crawl to rope to go single leg version grab give mention try take the advantage to counter then all the work sakura finally reach the rope.

now that give misaki had wise saying that pro wrestling of whole both physical & mental sides of it yet crying & give up is to show you're not a real wrestler that sakura recall how female wrestler give it all to ring like sakura do in her idol work.

with that now sakura seem got focus back & having shower misaki with camera female wonder now if sakura really got the factor for it?

meanwhile sweet diva side give elena trying go more focus on group give bit jumpy on other members got her concern run.

sakura on her next match give on boston crab with fans calling for refund, boos, & etc on sakura yet after misaki's training even ask if to give up well cue the saying of NO NO NO cause sakura well she finally got out the crabs.

got crowd finally cheer her yet more survive a back breaker & suplex but cue the powerbomb for pinfall give another lost but crowd finally cheer sakura.

while for elena give make-up for bit being over focus on sweet diva & sorry for one of the members yet had a concern face look.

& for sakura well talk with misaki now want to get feel of the win & more being of pro wrestling well yea cause now sign-up to misaki's training camp with no cake for sakura to have on it. ]
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:51 pm Reply with quote
You know, most shows at least give out a glimmer of decency, even if they've continuously tortured you. This doesn't. In fact, I'm tempted to call it to animation in general what Battletoads is to Yankee cartoons. But that was only one lame failed pilot. I've had to sit through 4 effing episodes, with 8 more to go.

So where did they go wrong this week? Well, we still have to usual problems (fetishized torture, nondescript characters, animation that could give Filmation a run for its money). And they still screw up the moral. See, I've been taught over the years that you shouldn't force yourself to a goal, you shouldn't listen to negative peer pressure, and that while if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen, if others can't take it, don't lock them in the goddamn kitchen.

And guess what? THIS SHOW DOES EXACTLY ALL OF THOSE!!!!! The show means to show Sakura as strong for listening to the jeers, but to me, that's just weak. Doing what you know is best for you and not what others want you to be is strong. Also, they give us some bullshit about her not preparing herself enough, but the second episode showed her doing plenty of exercise, so she was shown giving it her all.

I also facepalmed when they showed Sweet Diva suffering without her in one scene but pulling a 360 and having them succeed in another. Bull. Shit.

It's a shame ARMS went from something as popular (if polarizing) as Elfen Lied to this shit. Ugh.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9