• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Wanna be the Strongest in the World! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Well, some lucky squirrel dodged a knuckle sandwich.

Dragging out Sakura's winless streak to six eppies was just way too long, imo. I stuck with the show, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. I'll finish it, but there is absolutely no way I'll ever re-watch. I think if anyone even mentions the word crab I'll break out in hives.
MarthKoopa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:25 pm Reply with quote
The only parts I'm going to rewatch are the censored scenes, because there's definitely no chance of this getting a dub.

I should be taking notes of episode numbers and times... hmmm...
Doughboy88

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:40 am Reply with quote
I know that I'm really late on this since I haven't been looking at this thread at all, but here you go Blood-

Blood- wrote:
If Sakura doesn't beat Rio next eppie, I'm gonna punch a squirrel.

http://youtu.be/lwGZSDBQ5FY
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:04 am Reply with quote
Laughing Nice one!
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:49 pm Reply with quote
MarthKoopa wrote:
The only parts I'm going to rewatch are the censored scenes

I haven't seen really all that much censoring in this stream -- not like High School DxD or something like that. The story itself is pretty weak so I don't have much motivation to buy the media.

Speaking of ecchi stuff, I find it odd that nobody -- either in the story or the audience here -- takes much issue with Sakura's rather risqué wrestling outfit. She's basically naked from the clavicles to the pubic area and it stretches (pun) the imagination that all those submission holds haven't popped her oppai into full view. Wouldn't it be a scandal if a real life idol wore something like that?

Last edited by HaruhiToy on Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Oh, no doubt there were protests, but the anime's decision to broadcast 56 hours of Boston Crab footage didn't leave time to show them.
ReverseTitan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:56 pm Reply with quote
I haven't watched it yet(heard of it), but I'm a big wrestling fan. Is there any big promos(or promos) at all in this show so far? All I've heard about this show is that the main character only does the Boston Crab, which is lame, since the move is like 50 years old or something. What next? A crossbody? A running splash? This sounds lame, but I MIGHT check it out due to my wrestling love.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:59 pm Reply with quote
ReverseTitan wrote:
I haven't watched it yet(heard of it), but I'm a big wrestling fan. Is there any big promos(or promos) at all in this show so far? All I've heard about this show is that the main character only does the Boston Crab, which is lame, since the move is like 50 years old or something. What next? A crossbody? A running splash? This sounds lame, but I MIGHT check it out due to my wrestling love.

no, she gets put into Boston Crabs endlessly. do yourself a favor and avoid this unless crotch shots and Ayana Taketatsu moaning erotically in pain is a turn on
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:40 am Reply with quote
ep.7

spoiler[reporter in airport taking pic with arrival return of jackal tojo who is greeted by misaki with flower & hand shape give all for promote upcoming event got master jackal vs disciple misaki with also mention rookie all star matches.

give berserk roster watching the promo event with sakura (long hair is back) still bit wonder how stay on wrestling meanwhile jackal, misaki, & kanae recall their times as golden age girls & training that jackal give misaki figure 4 endurance.

yet jackal mention sakura give misaki said she got factor for it yet wonder on emotion side cause her sweet diva group won award but behind scenes give main members were ok sakura's choice but elena bit mix-feelings.

misaki having match give on a roll with wonder in her mind about sakura's wrestling level but oops got over stand top corner cue fall got her fractured ankle.

jackal arrive check on misaki give it's wrestling life yet know the risk & wonder to do upcoming wrestle event jackal got idea scout rookie all star matches to pick the challenge.

so event go on with sweet diva doing open act give elena still bother yet matches themselves long-red hair (person did bane-breaker on sakura) facing 4th tiger end up got corner tiger splash then sakura match with sweet diva on commentary booth give asking on elena on it well said she ok it with sakura choice.

as for sakura match give got figure 4 then reach rope cue sakura kick special & she win with that main event time got suzumoto vs in a twist a female person called blue panther appear give is assassin hired by miyabi faction yet hand sign of bring it with suzumoto take.

cue total beatdown from side arm bar, ankle lock, spin kick, & flip leg lock total own'd match blue panther ate suzumoto give after match sakura go like how dare you interfere speech which jackel with wine drink watching all of it see that sakura remind both of misaki & herself.

so jackal appear on locker room & she will challenge sakura for her match.]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:52 am Reply with quote
Episode 7:

It looks like they are trying o make story out of it and I'm glad to see that this anime is one of those that improve during the season. They've dialed back on the fan service which is a good sign. They even served up a pretty good "eeeeeeeh!!?" moment at the end there.

How Typical: Business is one cancellation away from bankruptcy at all times. Great management there.

Pro Tip: When your teammate is injured, run around the ring to see where she fell and stand at least six feet away at all times. Watch her writhe.

Second Pro Tip: When reaching for the rope, make sure your hand hovers over it for at least 5 seconds before grabbing it. You must give your opponent the chance to drag you away. It is only fair.
MarthKoopa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Toning down the already mediocre fanservice made the show worse. I want boobs flopping all over the place!
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure what to think of this little development. Sakura is most likely going to go through more hellish training, and we'll end up getting even more Boston Crabs and nothing but Ayana Taketatsu training to be a hentai voice actress.
ReverseTitan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:18 pm Reply with quote
So were there any promos in this episode? Were there any good moves in this? If it's just Boston Crabs and people with no charisma/mic skills and moaning from the girl who did K-On, then I don't know what to say.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:31 pm Reply with quote
I don't get what you mean by promos, but there were various moves performed in this recent episode. I dont follow wrestling so I'm relying on the announcer in the show, and she pointed out some lariats, and a figure-four. there's a lot of kicking going on as well
ReverseTitan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:41 pm Reply with quote
@getchman Promos are where they(the wrestlers) give a talk about something relating to them in front of a crowd. E.G CM Punk is considered one of the best talkers in WWE, due to his charisma and how he delivers his promos, not to mention the subject matters at hand.

Has that happened in this show? It's good that more moves are happening rather than some shitty submission from the 1900s. The figure four is nearly 100 years old too, so it's sad they keep on doing moves from the early 20th century, rather than newer moves like the Shinning Wizard or the Burning Hammer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9