• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yozakura Quartet ~Hana no Uta~ (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6...

The best parts this episode imo is spoiler[Hime jumping into action zone again despite being injured previously. The train cannon scene against that Tokyo Tower was also pretty sweet.]

Otherwise yea, I'm not liking this villain much either or the dialogues used from the latest episode. I loved the OST though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Yeah, I wasn't crazy about this episode. I don't really like this arc, actually. Part of it is because I find the villain irritating. They just plopped him in without introduction. I have no idea what his deal is and he seems completely uninteresting. The fights are just a lot of punching. I hate fights that go: fight one of these creatures ... oh you defeated that one ... then fight some more of them ... oh you defeated those ... here, fight some more of those exact same creatures. Eff off. Show more imagination than that or go home.

Plus, the show usually uses flashback to good effect, but they didn't work on me this time. Maybe because I was so irritated with everything else. The episode didn't seem to be smoothly directed ... it felt scattershot and choppy.

All in all, not impressed.

That's what i said! This guy had absolutely no build up in his introduction. He's foreshadowed (barely) but we hardly know a thing about him and just shows up and started causing trouble. I mean i don't expect all anime villains to have critical depth to them but at least make him interesting! I mean his appearance seems almost like an excuse just to cause drama. I really hate to see that kind of stuff.

On the flip side i was amused when Hime said that Akina that he is better off in the kitchen..............i mean as a man i find it hard to take that as a complement xD.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:53 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:

On the flip side i was amused when Hime said that Akina that he is better off in the kitchen..............i mean as a man i find it hard to take that as a complement xD.

Girls love a man that can cook delicious food.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Akina is Hime's waifu Laughing
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:55 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[That was a better "I am the villain" reveal than the first anime incarnation.]
I am enjoying this version both for comedy and action than the series incarnation that came before, and it is amusing because the characters are effectively the same, the key difference being that the cast isn't being as overly serious in tone during the light hearted scenes.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:01 pm Reply with quote
So the old man wasn't a spoiler[random bad guy after all, he was the main one. I like how he has a legit reason for being the "bad" guy. Akina's ancestors weren't exactly good by forcing an entire branch family to be spirited away.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm somewhat surprised at that as well. That was an intense fight though and thank god no one got killed on the good side. Hime can be quite scary when she is pissed off.

Moral: Don't piss Hime off.

That was a little interesting revelation though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:46 pm Reply with quote
I just LOVED the scene where everyonespoiler[ went bat shit insane in nearly killed Enjin (yeah I forgot his name) after Akina "died".] I loved that scene in the manga and the anime did a really nice job of showing it off. Heck I really like how they animated everything as Enjin was explaining why he was the villain, it really impacted me much more than when I read it in the manga, and considering how anal I get about manga to anime transitions (ESPECIALLY with shonen demographic series) that's saying something. The visual flare and animation made a already great highlight of the series to something I WANT to buy on blu-ray should it ever get licensed. Definitely the best episode for me so far and I can't wait to see how the rest is animated...spoiler[even if we may be heading towards an arc I personally don't care for.]

Side note: I love how Akina and Koizumi forgot about the little brat they were trying to save, in all seriousness did anyone give a shit if she made it out? Because I certainly didn't.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:

Side note: I love how Akina and Koizumi forgot about the little brat they were trying to save, in all seriousness did anyone give a shit if she made it out? Because I certainly didn't.

Actually I forgot about her too.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:00 pm Reply with quote
I still don't understand why Akina didn't just get up since he never got stabbed. I mean if he didn't feel it then why did he fall down in the first place? Did his body just react like he was going to die for some reason? Feels kind of like a cheap way to cause everyone to go into rage mode. He wasn't even bleeding either and no one seemed to notice.

No one even rushed to help him either and he could have easily been caught up in the crossfire of the fight.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:13 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

So old guy is the spoiler[main villain, his appearance just being an illusion as he was really cat girl's brother who has had his soul replaced by one of the guys that were tuned to the other dimension]? I did not forget Himeko, how could I forget such a loli. I would guess that he could have spoiler[affected the mind of the guy so that he would collapse as if it was a killing blow].

The part where they spoiler[all lost it and went full out] was awesome. A thought I had was when Kotoha spoiler[hurt the guy just by saying "force"] was that I wonder what would happen if she also added spoiler["balance" and "push"], it indeed looked like some spoiler[unrelenting force] (Skyrim joke). Actually, now that I think about it her powers are basically Thu'um, now her powers sound cooler.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:17 pm Reply with quote
THERE ARE SHIVERS GOING DOWN MY SPINE!

The music, animation, and mood for the spoiler[Enjin fight] was sooooo good. Those looks of seething hatred and bloodlust were terrifying. Three cheers for Shingo Yamashita aka the guy who did the "lazy" animation in Birdy the Mighty Decode 02 and the "ugly" fight between Naruto and Pain!
Galap

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Those scenes last episode crossed into the territory of HOLY SHIT level good animation. Yeah, Shingo Yamashita is probably my favorite animator, and I'm pretty sure that was him there, and it looked amazing.

People seem to hate him though. It's not even like they really know who he is, because they never mention him or say that the animation was "outsourced to the Koreans again" Rolling Eyes

I wouldn't be surprised if we started seeing posts around the internet saying "Yo, look at this screencap! Look how BAD the animation looks! They must have completely run out of budget!:"

That image looks pretty weird as a still frame out of context, but in the context of the motion it looks really cool.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:59 pm Reply with quote
If that's not Shingo, I will eat my work boots - steel toes and all. Between the shot you have there and this one:

I think it's very clearly him. While I'm not the biggest fan of the Pain fight, his work in the second season of Birdy was stunning.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:42 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

Perhaps my eyes were playing games with me, but it felt like something was not right this time around. Multiple of the character models did not look quite right, Hime especially for some odd reason kept bugging me. Maybe it was just that her clothes were different, a pink vest, yellow skirt, and white socks just felt odd all of a sudden since she always wore her uniform.

Don't know if I failed to realize it in an earlier episode, but one of the kids is spoiler[carrying around a sake bottle on her back], which I understand from before. I wonder if we will get some plot connected to those two since a spoiler[vampire hunter is entering the series].
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4