• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yozakura Quartet ~Hana no Uta~ (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:34 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

This episode was a little odd, I was totally confused at the beginning like I had missed something. I think that they skipped an arc, and then had the gist of the arc run as a new OP so that, mostly in regards to this new character; Zakuro. From everything it looks like spoiler[she was struck, did lots of bad things, and then they exorcised her and she is now a half youkai/daemon]. I guess that I will just trust that I am not losing too much from not watching it.

For the rest of the episode, I thought there was something really interesting when the spoiler[bad guy showed images inside the head], it had a very horror like vibe. Even spoiler[the static] was pretty creepy.
Galap

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:26 am Reply with quote
^ The arc skipped over here is covered in exquisitely animated detail in the OVA (Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta).

This episode had tons of amazing animation, and I'm finding the setting much more interesting now. The computer chip tag thing was really cool as well.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:38 pm Reply with quote
I still find it amusing that there is an entire arc executed in the span of an opening sequence to catch the audience up.
Galap

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Correction to my post: The OVA is called Hoshi no Umi. I typed the wrong thing lol
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:08 pm Reply with quote
I actually feel like the animation has been downgrading at least compared to how the series started. There are a lot more noticeable skipped frames here and there but of course the action scenes still looks pretty good.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:22 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
I still find it amusing that there is an entire arc executed in the span of an opening sequence to catch the audience up.

I've seen the OVA in question, but the OP did confuse me. I was all like, huh, they've basically spoiled this whole arc! I didn't realize that was done intentionally to get us caught up.

And I'll bite ... what was with the apple on her head?
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:27 pm Reply with quote
To help her learn to balance the ramen carrier. It's like how models are taught to balance books to walk perfectly. Look at the eyecatch for 9a.

And yea, good thing I watched the OVAs despite them not being "required" viewing *COUGH GALAP AND BLOOD COUGH*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Well, shee-it, I didn't knowed that they wuz gonna drop Hottie-chan into the show like that, a'ight? But yeah, that Galap totally boned you there.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Anyone know how close this series is to the actual manga?
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:44 am Reply with quote
So it seems the one fansub group doing this show has disbanded and left it high and dry. The message from their website:

Quote:
Hey there ladies and gentleman. Today is actually my birthday and it’s a shame for me to bring you some bad news. Today, I have come to realize that I am too old for anime. When the rest of the staff saw this change in me, they too realized that anime sucks and followed in my example. As a result, Cthuko will be permanently disbanding. Yozakura Quartet and Gatchaman Crowds will not be finished because fudge anime.

I would call trolling, but how long as it been since episode 10 was released? The reasoning certainly sounds like BS trolling to rile people up, but it seems they really are disbanded. Whatever. I would say it's no biggie since it seems like shoe-in for a license, but so did Ben-to...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:00 am Reply with quote
And then there seemed to be a glimmer of hope as someone decided to sub some more. The style of subs are a little different, but most seems understandable.

Episode 11

The land god guy really can change his age at will, seems he might go younger as that is what the girl likes.

And Juri has an spoiler[insane little sister]. Well she thought it was a had, what with spoiler[doing things like what looked like freaky knives through her body and using a poker to brand her own face]. Scary to think what spoiler[half demon powers will make her like].
Galap

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:10 am Reply with quote
hmm. Didn't find the subs. I'll look again.

Actually I've been watching this raw. Sometimes I'd grab the raw before subs showed up, and of course due to us being left high and dry, I've seen 11 and 12 raw. I know enough Japanese to understand it mostly, though most of the finer points are lost on me.

12 is interesting: I suspect that someone interesting was episode director/animation director. The style looked kind of different. The most notable thing was that the characters had a lot of tiny dot eyes. I heard from the pipeline that Norio Matsumoto animated in this episode too. Definitely saw his scenes (awesome). I wonder if he was animation director too.

Edit: according to the encyclopedia, Norio Matsumoto was also the episode director.

Last edited by Galap on Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:04 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

Hime's innocence to danger in the scene was very funny, actually it was all rather funny despite how dangerous it was supposed to be.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:07 pm Reply with quote
I officially enjoy this adaptation over the first anime release.

When there is conflict, I felt more invested in these comparatively light hearted renditions of the same cast than the prior series release.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:36 am Reply with quote
Episode 13 (final)

I liked the show. For some odd reason I really liked that the characters seemed to grow onto me very quickly without having to watch the first rendition. Only downsides I will say is that some of the heel face turns seem a little confusing, as were a couple of these later episodes.

The OP was catchy, the ED sounded sweet, and some rather interesting sound effects. I in general had fun, mostly right along with the characters, I found the art style to be rather fun too with how they would shift. I rate the series Good, it worth seeing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4