• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Alice in the Country of Clover

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:50 pm Reply with quote
I missed out on 'Alice in the Country of Hearts'. Hopefully there will be a reprinting.

Saw this in the monthly Diamond Previews. Liked the art, so I decided to get it. Wasn't disappointed, it even had several color pages in it, that was nice.

Have a question though, if I had read the first series, perhaps I would already know the answer.

spoiler[At the apparent end of the Bloody Twins story, it ends by saying "Happy End". After that, there is a couple of stories, that don't seem to be connected to the main story in this manga. The last story with Blood Dupre seems to end quite badly for Alice, as it seems she is going to be raped by him forever.]

As this manga is based on a game, are the apparent side stories, alternate endings, with Blood Dupre the spoiler[Bad End] one?
EpicLotus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:55 pm Reply with quote
There is a reprint for Alice in the Country of Hearts in Omnibus format. All the volumes were released this month from Yen Press.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:27 am Reply with quote
Sadly, having finished Alice in the Country of Hearts, I don't think the Blood side story is meant to be a "bad end." I think the stories are simply other possible endings, at least two of which get their own manga series. (Cheshire Cat Waltz's first volume is out at the end of July.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1