• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dog Days (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Masakaki

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:52 pm Reply with quote

Dog Days
Dog Days' Available on Crunchyroll for those in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand.

Adventure, Fantasy, Romance

Plot Summary:
Dog Days: In the land of Fronaldo, the Republic of Biscotti has been aggressively attacked by the Lion Kingdom of Galette. Facing potential defeat, Princess Millhiore summons a hero who can save the country. What she gets is Izumi Shinku, a middle-school boy from Japan. Awaiting him in Fronaldo is the task of becoming hero enough to defeat his enemies while learning the peculiar rules of battle in this strange new world.

Dog Days Dash: Three months after his adventure in Flonyard, Shinku gets summoned back once again, this time bringing Rebecca with him. His cousin and rival athlete Nanami, also is summoned to Flonyard as Galette's Hero. The First Princess of the Principality of Pastillage, Couver, leads her squirrel-like faction into the battlefield as well with the intention of scouting Rebecca to become their hero.

So, it's basically a show about this middle-school boy who gets summoned to a fantasy world and has to help fight in a war there. A lot of action and cute moe girls who have an interest in this young boy. Well, not my type of anime, yet I feel like it deserves a proper discussion thread, since we have some fans here who aren't happy that there's no place in this forum to discuss it.

Last edited by Masakaki on Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:24 pm Reply with quote
I really loved the first season and I'm digging the second, as well. I have to confess, however, I don't have a whole bunch to discuss about the show since I adore it simply because it's so gosh-darn cute. When my kawaii levels are getting dangerously low, I just watch an episode of DD and kah-ching! - back to full strength again. I really would love to see this title picked up - I think Funi would have a blast doing a dub for it. But if it's not their cup of tea, then maybe good ole Sentai "We License Everything!" Filmworks will step up to the plate...
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:42 pm Reply with quote
This is on my watch-list. Even though I haven't seen one second of it, I have TWO figures and a cell phone mascot of Millihore because she looks just that effing CUTE. Anime hyper

*collects cute things* lol

I look forward to starting it though. It looks like cute on top of cute, smothered in CUTE. Anime hyper

Also, cat-people are cute but so overused. DOG PEOPLE FTW.
Ryan W

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Would you consider this a Harem?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:13 am Reply with quote
Hmm, it's more harem-esque as opposed to fullblown harem. Unlike a true harem where a number of femmes are all like, "I want 10,000 of your babies" over the MC, this is more, "I want to be your friend and hang out with you." Plus, so far in season 2, the main focus hasn't really been on Sink: Becky and that other chick (Sink's sister?) are getting screentime, too.
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:54 am Reply with quote
I liked season one quite a bit, but season two is turning into a magical girl show, and if that's the case there's another magical girl show I'd rather be watching (CCS).

My interest in watching the other girls is almost zero. None of them are cute, and they just take the little screen time the cat and dog queen had. In other words, this is a character spam with two new main characters that don't interest me at all.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:24 am Reply with quote
^
You suck and your opinion is worthless. Wink
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:33 am Reply with quote
Are you gonna tell me the 2 new girls are nearly as cute as the dog and cat queens? Laughing

I'm gunna ragequit this animu. Mad
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:41 am Reply with quote
Oh, I thought you were talking about some of of the other animal girls who are all adorable. Well, of course the two human girls aren't as cute as the two Princesses; that's crazy talk.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:43 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Hmm, it's more harem-esque as opposed to fullblown harem. Unlike a true harem where a number of femmes are all like, "I want 10,000 of your babies" over the MC, this is more, "I want to be your friend and hang out with you." Plus, so far in season 2, the main focus hasn't really been on Sink: Becky and that other chick (Sink's sister?) are getting screentime, too.

Nanami is his cousin
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:58 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
this is more, "I want to be your friend and hang out with you."

Really!? That is so bloody cute!! Anime hyper I'm looking more and more forward to watching this.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

Looks like the girls are really enjoying having their human friends/heroes with them.
spoiler[Sink learned something new... this time about a hero king.
Inuyasha deja vu.... well, at least a bit.
Don't know how smart it was to wake that Valeria guy up.
Looks like it was a bad idea since he's the demon king.
Didn't think he was a total perv as well.
He sure was enjoying himself...]

This was a packed episode. spoiler[Hero king and demon king in the same episode.
Looks like those two will be staying for a while after all.]

Well, that was interesting..
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:26 pm Reply with quote
All that talk of hero kings had me expecting Gilgamesh to show up Laughing

The moment they mentioned spoiler[that the demon king was sealed there I was all "Well he'll be released before the season is over.] I didn't expect it to happen right away.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:42 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed Demon King Perv. It seems this season has spoiler[a different structure than the last one. More episodic as opposed to having the threat of a "Big Bad" woven in as a narrative spine.] Both work for me.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:10 am Reply with quote
That was both hilarious and adorable. So, are Cinque and Milhi sleeping in the same bed?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5