• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Arpeggio of Blue Steel (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad I stuck with this show. It was lot of fun
Ingraman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:35 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 12

But in the end we get some cool fight like scenes of Iona getting to Kongou, she did not even need witch time to jump spoiler[off missiles.]

"[W]itch time"? I just figured that Iona had just been watching Project A-ko (which probably borrowed it from somewhere else).
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:43 am Reply with quote
So this show actually got good towards the end? Maybe I'll have to revisit it. I only watched the first episode and, although the possibility of cool ship battles did pique my interest, the trope-tastic crew and Melfina (Outlaw Star) type "ship personality" made me think that the show would be pretty unoriginal.
Bango

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:03 am Reply with quote
This closed out as probably my favourite of the season. It had it's ups and downs but it's soul was exceptionally strong. I really felt it. I'd love a 2nd season but they ended it at a good spot regardless.

I'll go check the manga. I rate adaptations separately from source material so I'm sure I'll be able to enjoy it without problems despite the manga character art being so ugly.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I'll go check the manga. I rate adaptations separately from source material so I'm sure I'll be able to enjoy it without problems despite the manga character art being so ugly.

From what I heard, the anime adaptation is pretty much a different product when compared to the source material.
Bango

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I heard that too. That's great for me because it means 2 enjoyable products for the (slightly more than) price of one. Even moreso if it gets a competent video game:)
Bugnin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:12 pm Reply with quote
...and this series started out with so much promise, too...what a cheesy ending. Cue Soul Eater....

Still, this anime did get me interested enough to read the manga, and I'm very glad that it did.

There were some awesome tweaks that the anime named that I thought improved the quality of the show, but unfortunately where you only have a dozen episodes to work with, you get the rushed ending that we wound up with.

I'd still recommend this series to anyone looking for good, cheap fun. Gorgeous animation and a quality soundtrack accompany some very cool naval battles. the human characters were definitely the weakness of this show, but the Fog characters were the unquestioned stars.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:43 am Reply with quote
Bango

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:48 pm Reply with quote
I didn't even know Crunchyroll had a manga viewer. Thanks for pointing that out. I read my Arpeggio (and 90% of my other stuff) on the go on my kindle so it's of decreased use to me, but stuff like Berserk I read on the computer. So Crunchyroll's system would be really good for anything I'm uncool with reading on the go or I feel the kindle's smaller size (vs 46") hurts the art too much (of which Berserk and Aria are the only 2 I've felt this way with so far)

The interface isn't bad either. I'll hold judgment on the translation until I actually read something of it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10