• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Arpeggio of Blue Steel (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:31 am Reply with quote
So, magic, then. I mean, pointing to the mysterious code that has no explanation or motivation isn't really an explanation.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:47 am Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
So, magic, then. I mean, pointing to the mysterious code that has no explanation or motivation isn't really an explanation.

I would like to tell more but it will be full of spoilers.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:49 pm Reply with quote
so, who is the brown haired mental model that keeps popping up?
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:06 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:

You mean the one in the OP? Maybe in the next episode.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:08 pm Reply with quote
MrTerrorist wrote:
getchman wrote:

yeah, there, and tea time with Kongo this episode and various other scenes as well
Nayu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:41 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
MrTerrorist wrote:
getchman wrote:

yeah, there, and tea time with Kongo this episode and various other scenes as well

I think you mean Maya, the girl who wants to put preserves in her tea. She's actually pretty high ranking and she will show up soon.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:43 pm Reply with quote
thanks
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:30 am Reply with quote
Nayu wrote:
getchman wrote:
MrTerrorist wrote:
getchman wrote:

I think you mean Maya, the girl who wants to put preserves in her tea. She's actually pretty high ranking and she will show up soon.

Oh i see. getchman was talking about Maya. I thought getchman was referring to that one character in the OP that has yet to officially appear in the series.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Yay Takao returned.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Hey, girls. I, uh, don't mean to be rude, but you may have put on a few pounds for the ending roll this episode.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:50 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Yay Takao returned.

Oh and in a very stylish way. Well, it was somewhat different than the manga but I loved it. She totally has spoiler[a thing for the captain and wants to show Chihaya her engines Laughing]

I wonder what 401/Iona thinks about Chihaya though. She was thinking about it hard...

Anyways, looking forward to see what's next especially since spoiler[Maya and Kongou are on the move now. Hyuuga was also hilarious this episode too with her fascination for Iona.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:59 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

Hyuga is awesome, as were her interactions that increased the humour. Hyuga is easily my favourite character now with her spoiler[obsession of Iona, apparently techno savy and ridiculous].

The animation is looking more charming in parts.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:00 am Reply with quote
That was funny episode to watch especially about Hyuuga and Takao.

And now another post on what was different about the Ars Nova anime and the manga.

* spoiler[As mentioned before in my previous post, Haruna, Makie and Kirishima never join the I-401 crew since they were rescued from the Japanese Army by Cyborg Commandos sent by Makoto Osakabe, the Prime Minister of Northern Japan and Makie's older brother. During this time in the anime, Haruna, Krishima and Maya(she picked up the former two after the attack at the mansion) are currently at Hokkaido as guests of PM Makoto while Makie is staying with Saori Chihaya, Gunzo's mother, due to Mrs Chihaya having befriended a certain mental model before aka Takao!]
* spoiler[Before arriving at their base at Iwo Jima, the I-401 fought the Fog submarine U-2501, lead by Captain Zordan Stark, a human allied with the Fleet of Fog. Zordan, along with his human crew, launched a surprise attack on I-401, forcing the I-401 to surface. Zordan reveals to Gunzo that he was under orders by his commander, Shouzou Chihaya, Gunzo's father, to convince him to join the European Fleet of Fog which Shouzou commands or destroy the I-401. Gunzou refuses so Zordan lets them go until their next battle. The encounter with the U-2501 was important since it not only revealed that there are humans who have allied with the Fog but it also confirms Gunzou's father is still alive and has defected to the Fog.]
* spoiler[Unlike the anime where she created her mental model to study humans, Hyuuga already had a Mental Model for a long time since she was defeated and forced to create it by Iona and Gunzou. Also Hyuuga's ship is an Aerial battleship, not a Fast battleship which the anime explained.]
* spoiler[Mini-models, chibi clones of mental models created by the mental models themselves, don't appear in the anime. Iona and Takao are able to create these mini-models to help them in miscellaneous tasks like repairing, supplying or giving an extra hand to the human crews so the ship uses less processing power. It was actually a Takao min model that learned the I-401 crew has arrived and wne to wake Takao up.]
* spoiler[Iona in the anime is emotionless and starting to learn about emotions while Iona in the manga has emotions where she has a snarking attitude with Takao where she makes fun of Takao over her feelings for Gunzou. So when Hyuuga went and did a glomp hug on Iona, Iona was rather annoyed than surprised with Hyuuga's antics before she pushes her away.]
* spoiler[Hyuuga's speech about Iona being special is correct but for a different reason. Takao's reveals Iona is one of the older mental models created by Yamato, the Supreme flagship of the Fleet of Fog. Also, Hyuuga and Takao discovers a surprising revelation while investigating Gunzou's past.]
* spoiler[If you're surprise with Kongou's sudden disdain with humans than that's because that's what the real Kongou is like. Most of her lines in the beginning of the anime over why mental models were needed were actually from Yamato her superior. Unlike Kongou, Yamato respects humanity since despite losing to the Fleet of Fog, humans posses great strategy and will to fight unlike the Fog who posses powerful weapons. She also knows once humans catch up in making better weapons like the Fog, together with their strategic minds and will, humans might beat them hence why she orders the Fog Fleet to have Mental Models so they can think strategically like humans and think outside the box.]
* spoiler[Also, Iwo Jima is attacked not by the Fleet of Fog but the Japanese Army due to Kita making a deal with Kamikage and Central PM Mitsumine that he and the Army will no longer bother the Japanese Navy if his forces can capture the I-401 before it leaves for the US together with the Hakugei 3. This was made possible due to Kongou being aware about the rivalry between the Army and Navy which she orders her fleet to "open a passage" for the Army to travel to Iwo Jima safely.]

I hope you find this post informative.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:51 am Reply with quote
Okay, what did I just watch there? When did this turn into a comedy series?

And is it just me or did the character artistry seem to be slightly different in this episode?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:04 am Reply with quote
Actually, it's been becoming more of a comedy series for a number of episodes now. I do agree, however, that the first few eppies didn't seem to suggest how prevalent the comedy stuff was going to become.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10