• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yowamushi Pedal (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:19 am Reply with quote
Pretty much, although I guess the difference is that they didn't have to lie to them to get their cooperation? Though it does seem like no one has let Onoda in on the whole plan yet.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:24 am Reply with quote
There's something iffy about this "plan". It doesn't make a whole lot of sense for spoiler[the third years to exhaust themselves to catch up and then ditch the extra weight to try and compete]. Tied in with Kinjou's comment at the end of the second day that implied spoiler[he wouldn't be the one to cross the finish line first], I'm thinking the third years (or at least Kinjou) are planningspoiler[ to go all out and "sacrifice" themselves to let the first-years take the spotlight and try to win.] Which still doesn't make a whole lot of sense, unless spoiler[Kinjou is broken in the brain and thinks Onoda or Naruko have a shot at fighting against Fukutomi (the mental image of pipsqueak Onoda trying to outrun "Ore wa tsuyoi" Fukutomi is completely hilarious)].

It's always sort of hilarious how competitors that drop out likespoiler[ Arakita or Izumida] get the "death scene" treatment and they're all like "leave me here, you go on without me" Laughing
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:25 am Reply with quote
There's something iffy about this "plan". It doesn't make a whole lot of sense for spoiler[the third years to exhaust themselves to catch up and then ditch the extra weight to try and compete]. Tied in with Kinjou's comment at the end of the second day that implied spoiler[he wouldn't be the one to cross the finish line first], I'm thinking the third years (or at least Kinjou) are planningspoiler[ to go all out and "sacrifice" themselves to let the first-years take the spotlight and try to win.] Which still doesn't make a whole lot of sense, unless spoiler[Kinjou is broken in the brain and thinks Onoda or Naruko have a shot at fighting against Fukutomi (the mental image of pipsqueak Onoda trying to outrun "Ore wa tsuyoi" Fukutomi is completely hilarious)].

It's always sort of hilarious how competitors that drop out likespoiler[ Arakita or Izumida] get the "death scene" treatment and they're all like "leave me here, you go on without me" Laughing
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 13:

Great episode overall. I think I like this new OP song as well. ED song is decent too spoiler[(with a possible foreshadowing of the bird)]. As for the episode itself, this race just never takes a break with its momentum huh? What a race this has been but it's not even close to being over yet.

Oh and the ED credits gets more amusing each week.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Sohoku really pushed themselves.
spoiler[Imaizumi & Naruko got kinda down for a minute there, but bounced back fast.
The team actually managed to catch up to Hakone!
Damn, that Shinkai really is like a demon with endless stamina.
Tadokoro started pulling like crazy as response to Shinkai.
Sohoku managed to catch up again!
Tadokoro payed the price for it.. and looks like Kinjou]
will too.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:31 pm Reply with quote
The end tag was the best part of the episode, as is becoming the norm lately. They finally got around to getting something done toward the end, but I'm really starting to get sick of all the philosophizing that never touches on any new sentiment, and the spectators and their dependable "They're so fast!!!" lines.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:20 am Reply with quote
On a less positive note I found large parts of this episode to be practically painful as we pretty much got the same that we have in a while in barely anything happening. Did we really need an entire episode for the duo to think they are not useless, not that they actually did anything in this episode?

But yes, the end tag of spoiler[Imaizumi accidentally having the Love Hime song go on the school sound system] was indeed good.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 14:

The pacing had a spoiler[decent balance imo although ending felt somewhat slow. What we get is Sakamachi's team trying to mount a momentum again in this race. I hope they can keep it up because they will need everything to catch up to Hakone.]

On another note, the ending (after credit song) made me both laugh and face palm LOL
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:39 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Kinjou's knee is failing.
After Tadokoro fell behind this is so not good.
Self doubt and self loathing slowly kicked in..]

Hakone guys truly are like machines.
No flaws and no injuries.
Sohoku rides more with their hearts.
Surviving the climb is gonna be one hell of a challenge.
Banken

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:54 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
There's something iffy about this "plan". It doesn't make a whole lot of sense for spoiler[the third years to exhaust themselves to catch up and then ditch the extra weight to try and compete].

You couldn't tell that spoiler[ Kinjo was going to make Makishima and the first years go for the win? ]
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:14 pm Reply with quote
If you had kept reading that comment, you would've seen that I thought it was possible they would do that, but that it didn't make a whole lot of sense. Does anyone actually believe any of the first years has any chance at beating Fukutomi? Besides, it doesn't seem like that was Kinjou's original plan, since he and Makishima had already jumped ahead of the first years when his knee started to fail. It seemed like it was more of a last minute desperate decision
Banken

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Seemed pretty obvious that this would happen to me.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:18 am Reply with quote
From a storytelling point of view, yes, the third years have had plenty of time to shine while Imaizumi has been brooding for three days and Naruko hasn't done anything of note since the first day sprint. But from a logical point of view, and from the characters' point of view, the decision is far from ideal. In a world where high school clubs are serious shit and graduating from high school is the saddest thing to ever happen, I just can't believe that Kinjou planned to ruin his own knee -and drop out from his last Inter High- and leave the inexperienced pipsqueak first years to battle out Strong Manly Man Fukutomi. Even if you want the jersey to win, why would you exhaust your strongest competitors and leave the weakest ones to fight the opponent's elite team? Of course at the time his knee gave out it became the only viable option, but I could never believe Kinjou planned it to go like that when he asked the first years to "see them off"
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 15:

spoiler[Good episode overall with focus on Naruko. He looked o fired up during this race and giving people high 5's. That ending made me worry a bit though with him falling a bit behind D:]

Oh and the ED credits are hilarious as always.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:50 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Naruko] pulled the team ahead.
There's a climbers spirit in him.
He's a total crowd pleaser.
That was a great way to lift the team's spirit!
spoiler[Naruko] totally took the spotlight this time.
It was nice to see Sohoku's hidden strategy.
spoiler[Sprinting uphill.] That was new & impressive as hell.
spoiler[Naruko] was pushing himself way beyond his limit.
No way!!! They spoiler[caught up to Hakone]! This was beyond amazing!!
Great episode!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 26 of 30