• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yowamushi Pedal (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Banken

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:32 am Reply with quote
Now go buy a road bike and some shorts and go have fun...hehehe
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:44 am Reply with quote
Merida wrote:
I would agree that Onoda's reaction was for cheap drama's sake in any other series, but not in this show because EVERYTHING IS TERRIBLY (OVER)DRAMATIC!!!!! Laughing

Like Toudou's and Maki-chan's spoiler[rivalry for example. THEY NEED TO CLIMB THIS MOUNTAIN TOGETHER! FOR THE LAST TIME!! OR THEY WILL SURELY DIE!!!] I love it...but i need to switch my brain off in order to enjoy it.

I didn't have time to switch off my brain because I was too busy crying manly tears for their fated rivalry T___T. I ship Maki-chan and Toudou so bad
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:10 am Reply with quote
Actually I was less upset by this discussion than most when I noticed how Makishima and the Souhoku were completely avoiding any mention of mention of Onoda while Hakone was around. It actually came off as fulfilling the captain's plan to keep the first years as secret weapons for as long as they can, especially ignoring their comment that they don't have two climbers. Of course Manami knows a climber is missing, but Hakone doesn't seem particularly adept at communicating with each other, and he was at the back of the line, so maybe he hasn't heard any of that conversation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Merida

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:51 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:

I didn't have time to switch off my brain because I was too busy crying manly tears for their fated rivalry T___T. I ship Maki-chan and Toudou so bad

I don't need my brain to ship them - Maki-chan x Toudou forevaaaaaaa~ Wink
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
Actually I was less upset by this discussion than most when I noticed how Makishima and the Souhoku were completely avoiding any mention of mention of Onoda while Hakone was around.

I don't know if you meant me and my "oy" or not, but I was talking about them all talking to Onoda instead of giving him water and sending him off straightaway the instant he said he was ok. Smile I was practically shouting Go! GO already! at the screen. Very Happy

But yeah, I noticed that too that they were keeping their mouths shut about Onoda, because it's really rare in anime not to detail all your plans to the enemy! We've already seen that done in the sprint race.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Episode 28

Oh, of course it had to happen, where they reveal their secrets to the enemy. But it all went according to shonen plan. And I'm ok with that. Whenever Onoda smiles, it makes my heart sing. Smile

Hime! Hime! Hime! Suki, suki, dai suki!
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:47 pm Reply with quote
I just noticed that most of Onoda's team has a catchphrase like that as well as a few other characters so far.

Onoda: Hime! Hime! Hime!
Naruko and Tadokoro: Horahorahora!!!!!
Touichirou: Abs! Abs! Abs!
Makishima: (insert text) Des-yo!
Midousuji: GROSS! GROSS! GROSS! (like he's one to talk!)

I don't know why but I find Midousuji's over the top insanity to be deliciously entertaining. He just sounds like he belongs in a fighting show as some generic evil villain but putting him in a show about riding bikes somehow makes me love this kind of character as strange as that may be.

Last edited by leatherhead333 on Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Onoda has quite a long way to go.
spoiler[At the rate he's riding, anything is possible!
His heart, body and soul are in complete sync.
He was zooming around without a problem.
Until another serious obstacle was thrown in his way!
Damn, but nothing can stop that kid ^^]

Onoda was impressive beyond belief this time!!
Awesome episode!
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:50 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
I don't know why but I find Midousuji's over the top insanity to be deliciously entertaining. He just sounds like he belongs in a fighting show as some generic evil villain but putting him a bikes about riding bikes somehow makes me love this kind of character as strange as that may be.

I think part of it is the sounds that he makes. He's like some bizarre alien that squishes when he moves and makes loud clanking noises when he gnashes his teeth. He's just so completely ridiculous it loops back around to being impressive.
Banken

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:17 am Reply with quote
If Midosuji was real he'd probably be forced by his parents and teachers to see a therapist every week.... based on real-world content, he probably has AS and/or ASPD.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
If Midosuji was real he'd probably be forced by his parents and teachers to see a therapist every week.... based on real-world content, he probably has AS and/or ASPD.

Unfortunatly the only way to deal with him is a strike to the nape of the neck.
Merida

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:22 am Reply with quote
Wow, that wasn't even subtle anymore. If you just showed Toudou's and Makishima's dialogue/inner monologue to somebody and had them guess the genre, you'd probably get some interesting results...i loved it of course. But with canon material like this, people can finally shut up about "fujoshi ruining perfectly heterosexual sports series" for them... Laughing

Well, with my inner Maki-chan/Jinpachi fangirl being satisfied, i'm looking forward to more of "Midousuji being mean to Imaizumi" next. Twisted Evil
Banken

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:53 am Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:

Makishima: (insert text) Des-yo!

He doesn't say "desu-yo" he puts "~ssho" which is a contraction of "deshou" at the end of everything he says.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:02 am Reply with quote
Single most beautiful episode in the entire series, hands down. I don't even have words for my intense fujoshidokidoki feelings right now. Like, they even jumped to first-name basis in less than 1 Km! Better be off to read some MakiToudou fanfiction, I just can't anymore
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:31 pm Reply with quote
He's not coming. I was a fool to think otherwise! Anime cry

Throughout the race I couldn't decide who I wanted to win, but I'm pleased with the outcome (and pretty much expected it).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 18 of 30